Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spouse Education through military. HELP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spouse Education through military. HELP.

Hello!
    So, I am trying to take classes to run a daycare in my home. I want to take advantage of what the Navy has to offer military spouses. I know about the scholarship that the MyCAA has to offer with the $4000. But, my cousin (who's Hubs is in the Airforce) thinks that is something that the Military will pay for.
    Anyway, I'm completely lost and am not sure where to look. Any information is appreciated!

The only thing I can think of is that you could possibly use some of his educational benefits, but I'm not sure how it works with active duty... He should check with his education office! Best wishes!

Comment

A friend of mine just graduated from American Military University. Maybe look into that?

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Thank you both!

Comment

Is he currently deployed? There should be a family readiness group that you can contact, I know for my SO, even though he's Army National Guard, they still have them. Basically it's a support group. Also, if you search on Facebook for FB groups, there are tonssssssssss of groups for MilSO's where the members know a lot more than some of us. I definitely know that if you are legally married to your SO (which, duh, I'm assuming :P), you are entitled to some (or most) of his education benefits. I think if you Google it, you can find a lot of information too. They're usually through both the government and his branch.

Comment

Working...
          X