New Member Engaged to a Marine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member Engaged to a Marine

[I] am currently engaged to my "high school sweetheart" who also happens to be a Marine. We have been together for about two and a half years and [I] am currently attending Virginia Commonwealth University while he is at his schooling. He joined the Marines on May 21, 2013 and went to boot camp Feb 2, 2014. was very lucky that he graduated boot camp the week before my senior prom and was able to attend in uniform. haven't seen him in a couple months so have been looking for support since do not know many military girlfriends/fiancés/wives.

Welcome to LFAD. We have a few members here who are in miltary LDRs. (Myself included) feel free to reach out to any of us ^-^
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Hello and welcome to LFAD and congrats on getting engaged to your high school sweetheart,I'm in a LDR with my high school sweetheart now,we have known each other since high school,were taking it slow,we talk about us and the future all the time.

Comment

Congratulations and welcome! I have been in LDR's with military but my current SO was out of the Marines before we started dating. My daughter is engaged to a (former....but are they ever really?) Marine who now is in the MSG program with the State Department. He is currently overseas and they have only seen each other 4 times in 2 years. My other daughter is dating a young man in the Canadian army who is currently deployed. So though my SO isn't military, I still deal with it daily with them.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

welcome to the group.

Comment

Working...
              X