High Hopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Hopes

I've been with my boyfriend for a little over a year but official almost five months. I'm in Texas going to college and he is in Washington in the air force. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into when I headed into a relationship but I didn't know how much of a emotional toll it would put on me. I want him all the time but I know right now we have a goal and after we finish that goal we will be together and it won't be too long before we are. I love him with all my heart and I have the hopes to marry him and he has hopes to marry me as well. I can be so hard, I see other couples together in college and they don't understand how lucky they are to have the one they love with them in the same place. I cry sometimes at night because when I just want to be held and loved by him I know that its not going to happen at that very moment. There are people that would die for a long distance relationship because of how emotionally connected you get to your other half but it comes with so much more that most don't quite understand. My mother has also been in a long distance relationship and I honestly can say I look up to her and her relationship because they are very strong. They will be getting married within the next couple of years and I can't wait I am very happy for them. Something I know I will get out of all of this is having such a wonderful partner and having a very strong relationship. If there is a will there is a way. God has a reason for everything and just because we aren't with the person we want to be with he has far greater plans for us and knows we will be with them for the rest of our lives. Hope you all have a blessed weekend <3

Very wise words there!

It's very hard at times but whenever you feel down try and focus on the positive. At least you are both in the same country. I know you're a long way away from each other but there are huge benefits as you're both in USA.

I'm in UK and my SO in USA. We have so many issues to face re expensive flights, immigration issues if we ever do close the distance, stuff like that. Yesterday I looked online for flights next year to be with him for his bday in July and even if I book now it's gonna cost about £800, that's over $1000 just to get there....

I wouldn't change a thing about LDR tho. The connection we have is like nothing I've had with anyone else and I was married for 14 years. Our relationship is super strong. A lot of that is due to the trust we need to have in each other and being open and honest and telling each other how much we love each other on a daily basis.

I hope you have a fab weekend too x

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn26 View Post
      Very wise words there!

It's very hard at times but whenever you feel down try and focus on the positive. At least you are both in the same country. I know you're a long way away from each other but there are huge benefits as you're both in USA.

I'm in UK and my SO in USA. We have so many issues to face re expensive flights, immigration issues if we ever do close the distance, stuff like that. Yesterday I looked online for flights next year to be with him for his bday in July and even if I book now it's gonna cost about £800, that's over $1000 just to get there....

I wouldn't change a thing about LDR tho. The connection we have is like nothing I've had with anyone else and I was married for 14 years. Our relationship is super strong. A lot of that is due to the trust we need to have in each other and being open and honest and telling each other how much we love each other on a daily basis.

I hope you have a fab weekend too x

Thank you so much. You're right I honestly don't know what I would do if he ended up going over seas. You are truly strong, such an inspiration. I hope you still get to see him for his birthday!

Comment

Working...
      X