Military Service (conscription)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Service (conscription)

Hes not actually a permanent soldier he went to the military service now or conscription for 2 years till january 2017 and hes not even allowed to bring his phone so i can only see him every 1-2 months when he comes back for breaks , its really hard for me bc i can only see him every few months, i always think of him everyday like what hes doing and everything . I hope he will always be fine , but do he missed me like the way i missed him ? ill always be with him no matter what and he have promised me that he will come to me as soon as he finished his military service , but im afraid as the time flies he will stop having feelings for me bc i think 2 years isnt a short time , its not like i dont believe him its just im afraid , him and i also want to be like those sweet couples that can made it to see eachothers (we will soon, i hope) And ill always pray for him so everything will always be alright while hes doing his military service , so when he finished we can see eachother and being together as we promised !

I'm sure he feels the same way about you don't worry. I know it's hard but you're doing well. Keep positive I don't have a SO in the military but I'm sure there are others here who can offer you insight and understand exactly what you're going through. Do you write to him? Hang in there.

Comment

If you get to see him every 1-2 months, that's really good. Most deployments last 12-months or more. My daughter is dating/engaged to a US Marine. He is in a 3-year MSG program. The first year he got to come home once and this year they are hoping for possibly twice.

Be positive for him. They have enough on their minds when they are gone that it's very important that they don't have to worry about things at home. Plan things for his visits. Do a countdown calendar for when he's due to be home permanently. Write him letters. Start a journal. Spend time with friends and make sure you get out of the house. It will be over before you know it.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

R&R hit the nail on the head.

If I could construe my jumbled thoughts into anything but a mess right now, I'd answer better and with a longer answer.
        That being said there are milso's in this community. One who's was one of my good friends who helped me through one deployment with my ex was Noodle, you should shoot her a message. I swear talking to her is what lept me somewhat sane lol.

Everything will be okay. You know he loves you, and I highly doubt that will change anytime soon
        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by adprisyla View Post
          Hes not actually a permanent soldier he went to the military service now or conscription for 2 years till january 2017 and hes not even allowed to bring his phone so i can only see him every 1-2 months when he comes back for breaks , its really hard for me bc i can only see him every few months, i always think of him everyday like what hes doing and everything . I hope he will always be fine , but do he missed me like the way i missed him ? ill always be with him no matter what and he have promised me that he will come to me as soon as he finished his military service , but im afraid as the time flies he will stop having feelings for me bc i think 2 years isnt a short time , its not like i dont believe him its just im afraid , him and i also want to be like those sweet couples that can made it to see eachothers (we will soon, i hope) And ill always pray for him so everything will always be alright while hes doing his military service , so when he finished we can see eachother and being together as we promised !
          Hey there.
          It's not the best thing in the world, not being able to see the love of your life for several months, but I can promise you it's also not the worst. You will get through this little obstacle! It sounds like you two are very much in love, I am sure he thinks about you just as much as him.

My SO is in the Military, he spent a while in Afghanistan very recently. Even though he's in the USA, he still has work commitments which means he cannot come and see me (im in the UK). I too, have the fear, also he may have to spend an additional 2 years in the army. i think the fear is natural, perhaps fear isnt the correct word to use, but its the slight anxiety that comes along with distance.

Now is probably when he will need you most, so try not to stress girl, i know its easier said than done.. trust me! but when someone is in your heart.. no distance is great enough, and as for time, well as each day passes, you are also one day closer to your meet good luck!

Comment

I'm a soldier, I don't know how you feel but I definitely can relate to him. What gets me through the days is knowing that when I'm done I get to see the one I love. He's probably talking the ear off his battles. You just have to keep reminding him aboutique how much you love him and care for him, it will make the days fly by trust me.

Comment

Working...
            X