2 more months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 more months

my husband and i were together for two years before we got married this last December. He has been in Korea for almost 10 months and we have 2 more to go. Idk why but its getting harder and harder. We are so close yet it feels so far. I'm trying to keep busy with school and work but i still feel like were failing. We talk as much as we can but the time difference is hard. We started a bible study together and i think it is helping. i was just wondering if their is anyone that would like to give me some tips on how to get through these last 2 months.

Seems to me like you are doing everything you can already. Just take it a day at a time, two months will pass soon enough.

Comment

The last stretch is always the hardest! It's that moment that you have only X amount of days left and it seems like forever and tomorrow at the same time after waiting so many months that you start to panic about getting through it. You've made it this far! That's incredible! I was only apart with my SO for 6 months this time around and I thought I'd go crazy. You are so incredibly strong for handling this and getting through so far. Keep trucking along, it'll get here before you know it! You only have 60 (?) more days to get though! That'll go by SO fast and before you know it he will be standing in front of you again!

Comment

Ugh. The home stretch. It drives you crazier than the first couple weeks- at least that's how I see it. My advice, don't count down until the last two or three weeks, now I know that seems somewhat counter intuitive but it helps because I remember when I had a countdown I would have the day/number I had to go in my mind the entire day, and there was nothing I could do to get rid of that. I commend thus far for being strong, you have already made it through eight months with a mere two to go!
        Just try to stay busy, maybe read a book in between off time? Go out for a jog? Anything to keep your mind preoccupied- hang out with family and friends if you like just do anything you'd like to do. That's the best advice I've got. Sorry I couldn't think of any more.
        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

A great way to deal with that 'long home stretch' is to start making an official list of all the things you want to do once you're together again. Couple is great for that btw! My soldier and I use it cause it allows us both to add to the list and we create a list right before every visit.

Good luck on that last little bit. You got this though!

Met online: 04.19.14
          Became a couple: 04.23.14
          First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
          Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
          Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
          Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
          CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Working...
          X