Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military SO With a HUGE Time Difference- Anyone Else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military SO With a HUGE Time Difference- Anyone Else?

This time difference is killing me! He's 14 hours ahead of me where he's depoloyed right now, so when he gets off work it's probably anywhere between 2-4am for me. Unless he's lucky enough to get off early, which has only happened once lately. I love the time I get to spend talking to him, and I'm dedicated regardless of the difference. I work 2nd shift so at least I don't have to be up really early. Anyone else have a SO with a huge time difference?

My boyfriend just left for a tdy. The time difference isn't so bad yet, but I'm moving back to the states where the time difference will be 16 hours. When he comes back to his base it will then be 14 hours. I'm so bummed. I hope I'll be able to keep occupied during the next few months. The first day has been pretty bad for me and I'm usually not the mushy type at all. Good luck to you!!!!!!

Comment

My SO and I are both military in different countries armies. When she was deployed the time zone was actually better. Now she's back home we're on the opposite ends of each other's days. It sucks and we have no way round it than to communicate as much as possible without actually getting to speak to each other. We use whatsapp to message for free and have a Facebook page just for us. Because of the time diff we might be lucky enough to speak at weekends as we both work during the week. Keep the lines of communication open in whatever way you can, it's always better to wake up to a message than not bother at all. Maybe a bit of good old fashioned letter writing? I used to love getting mail whilst deployed and I know all my friends felt the same.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X