Starting to pull away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to pull away

I met a retired vet on a dating site in Aug. We hit it off right away. We would talk and text on the phone daily. We had planned for me to got down for his birthday on 12/3. Everything seemed to be going good until a little over a week ago he said how depressed he was. He always says how much he cares and appreciates me. I knew he had PTSD but he seemed ok. He went to the Dr to seek an outpatient counseling center in his home town. He asked me to cancel my flight cause the 3rd was the first day of treatment. I cancelled and he called me that night. He seemed pretty distant but thought it was all because of the day he had. I heard nothing from him that Tuesday, on Wednesday he tells me he quit the counseling classes and that he was going back to back to school and online classes started that day. He ignored my skype call and texted doing homework. I told him again I wasn't ready to give up on him or us and that I am here for him. I did get irritated and said if he wants to talk he knows how to get a hold of me. I hate seeing that he is online and not saying anything. I am planning on giving him space and not push it. The last thing I want to do is push him away, but afraid I already have. I know his PTSD is playing a huge role in this and he does have a lot going on. I'm hoping someone can help me navigate how to deal with all of this or suck it up and call it quits
    Last edited by christina2234; December 6, 2018, 12:00 PM.

Just give him some time. Adjusting back to studying is a big thing not to mention all the other things he’s dealing with. Try to keep yourself busy so that you are not constantly trying to contact him. Give him the space he needs and let him contact you when he’s ready.

Comment

Working...
    X