Naval Deployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naval Deployment

What is the maximum amount of time are most deployments usually for the navy ? I miss him and it’s been longer than what he anticipated we’d talk again so I guess I’m trying to figure out more less if I need to calm down on my expectation of it being anytime soon . I keep busy but he seems to never leave my mind . We haven’t spoken in quite sometime I won’t put that here opsec but it’s been awhile. He isn’t allowed to communicate right now.

Average length is apparently roughly 8 months long, but they can be as short as a few weeks to as long as 9 months. Try to keep calm while you wait. He'll get back to you when he can

Comment

I’m so damn excited !! I guess I was down because my counselor went on about how I shouldn’t get my hopes up and without even living with him before how he could be someone I don’t wanna be with and have waited all for nothing but my heart won’t let me let go nor do I want to .

Comment

Originally posted by Navy_Beb View Post
        I’m so damn excited !! I guess I was down because my counselor went on about how I shouldn’t get my hopes up and without even living with him before how he could be someone I don’t wanna be with and have waited all for nothing but my heart won’t let me let go nor do I want to .
        You sound like you are seeing my old counsellor.
        Don't let them get to you is my advice. You know yourself and your SO, and they don't.

Comment

Thank you 😊 she made me seem stupid for wanting to wait as if he was imaginary

Comment

Hey Navy_Beb,

I feel your pain, my SO is Navy (in the UK forces) and currently away on deployment. He says most UK navy drafts to ships are 3 years, with shore leave of course, but am not sure if you are asking for other countries.

It is annoying when best laid plans for a weekend of shore leave get swept away if the ship changes its schedule etc. or if they go to radio silence- like your SO - I do hope you are both OK now? Am new to this whole Navy life / LDR thing too. happy to chat if you wish.
            Sam

Comment

It depends if he's on a ship or submarine (if a submarine, which type of sub).

Ships can deploy for up to a year. Fast attack submarines 6-9 months, and boomer submarines have a rotation of 3 months in/3 months out. If you're not apart of some support groups on Facebook, I definitely encourage you to join!

My husband is on a fast attack submarine and his most recent deployment was 7 months.
              [CENTER][FONT=Georgia]
              Cherie & Jeffrey
              Dating Anniversary: 3/10/2015
              Engaged: 7/7/2017
              Closed the Distance: August 31st, 2017 ♥
              MARRIED: Eloped 11/21/17; Official Ceremony: May 18th, 2018 ♥
              Had our baby girl: May 30th, 2020 ♥
              Settled into our forever home state: November 2020

Comment

Working...
              X