Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents are against closing the distance....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My out-of-state tuition is only $1750, really big difference to the $33K it would have been for Maine. I receive a full Pell, so everything will be covered. Sorry I haven't been on, I've been busy with life and all that jazz. I'm not going just to follow him. I've never wanted to stay in Arkansas, I live in a dying town where I can't get a job. I've been to Kansas many times throughout my life, and I really like it, a lot. So, in my mind, him being there is just another added bonus to everything. I'm not making this decision just for him, which is what I know everyone is thinking. And, he's not going to be my only friend there, I have friends from high school, one that moved there with her family, and two of which I have met elsewhere and we've gotten pretty close.

I've spent the past year making budgets, looking into extra financial aid and work study, and even looking into other schools in the area. This one just so happened to not only have the best RN program, but to be the one he decided to go to as well. I know you guys are looking out for my best interest, but I've put a lot more thought into it than a lot of girls my age would. I'm not even going to be living with him for the first year, maybe year and a half. I see this as an opportunity to get out and live on my own, which I have been unable to do after applying for job after job for two years here. Him being there is just an added bonus

Comment

My parents don't know and I'm not sure I will tell them until I've closed the distance.

Comment

Working...
      X