Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Army. Basic training. Long distance relationship. Experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army. Basic training. Long distance relationship. Experience?

I'm 17, 18 in a month, and my boyfriend is 18. We've been dating for just about a month(July 14) and we live 1,660 miles apart. He's currently in army basic training at Ft. Jackson, which is only about 3 hours from where I live. Monday, July 9, will make 2 weeks that he's been gone for basic training. Last Thursday, June 28, was the last time I was able to talk to him for awhile. I haven't seen him since the end of May and with him gone for basic training and being unable to talk to him at all, and having nothing I can do about it, kills me inside. I know it's a good way to test our relationship, but if you've experienced either a long distance relationship or your S/O being gone for the army or maybe even both, then you understand, which is why I'm on here. How did you keep yourself going and keep the stress down? I miss him so so much and have no one to really talk to that understands what I'm feeling. That gut wrenching feeling. Any advice? Thanks! I'm staying strong, army strong. Just for him<3

Oh sweetie, I am in the exact same boat. Exact same situation which is why I joined this site.
    Only difference is that I have never seen my SO face to face. :'c

I am afraid that I have very little advise to offer other than try to distract yourself, busy yourself in daily tasks. Put yourself completly into school or any hobby you do. Listen to music, hang out with friends often. Do things you enjoy.
    I also have learned that day dreaming helps me a lot (: Imagining the next time you can meet up, what you will do, and what they would say. Its generic, but it sure helps me on some days.

If you ever need someone to talk to, though, feel free to message me. I would be happy to talk to you via skype if you have one of just through PMs. We can go through this together<3
    ~Tell me every day that I get to wake up to that smile.~
    ~I wouldn't mind.~
    ~I wouldn' mind at all.~

First Meeting:
    December 22nd
    <3

Comment

I wish more people would reply to this D:. My boyfriend and I have been together for six months and never have met. He leaves for the Marines in two months, and I still doubt we'll have met by then..

Comment

Working...
      X