What do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I do?

I need advice here. When my girlfriend tells me she needs to talk to me soon cause she's upset or she just misses me I cancel anything that might keep us from talking or face timing or whatever. But her and me will make plans to FaceTime on a specific night but then that night she skips out on me and will go to the movies with her friends or the mall it something. An it's not like we talk the next day either. We'll go weeks cause she keeps skipping out on me obher friends. She'll have like 7 other days to go out and all Im asking for us a few hours at most. Am I being unreasonable or what's going on?

I wouldn't say your being unreasonable she should be willing to at least give you a few hours a week. She shouldn't be skipping out all the time. However make sure you give her some space to do things like hang out with friends or whatever else she needs to do. I'm a college student and during school sometimes me and my SO go a week with out talking if not more because I'm juggling my social life, school, work, and other extra curricular activities as well. My SO does the same things but there will be times when I have free time and he is super busy. I get somewhat depressed and miss him a lot but I know I have to give him his space. So maybe talk to her about it and see why she keeps skipping out. If its just because she hangs out with friends all the time ask if she can at least designate one night to stay in and talk to you. Good luck!

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

I don't think you're being unreasonable at all. I think the best thing to do if you are in this situation is to send her an e-mail or facebook or something like that. Let her know what you are feeling in a calm and reasonable way, and she can write back to you when she gets the chance. Just give her some time, and be patient. I know I won't be able to talk to my boyfriend often because he has football practice constantly and we're in two different time zones, so the most important thing for me right now is to improve my patience.

I am thinking that when her friends ask her to go out with them, she goes because she doesn't want to make them feel like she is neglecting them for her boyfriend. But that doesn't work out well because instead you are feeling neglected and put second?

Write her a long e-mail or something about how you are feeling. Ask her if you both can decide on a night that is only just for you both. Hope this helps a little bit
      started dating: 12/08/12
      "i love you": 04/12/13
      el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
      montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
      el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
      montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
      el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
      el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
      el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
      san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
      san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

I agree with the above posters you are not being unreasonable at all in fact its your SO that is being selfish I'm sorry to say. I don't know how old your LD g/f is but its childish and immature the way she is being. You definitely are going to have to confront her on this issue and make it clear to her what you want out of the relationship. Tell her that is really hurts you how she's not keeping in touch and that you understand that she wants to keep her social life but if you care about me then I'd really appreciate if you could stick to the times we schedule to Skype and try harder to text or call me on a regular basis. Do you text each other? I'm sure you already realize but a long distance relationship is not easy it takes a lot of commitment from both partners. Me and my SO text each other as much as possible during the day and make it a point to video chat a few times a week. And a word of advice if she makes a big deal when you speak to her about this and is going to continue to be this way I would break up with her. Your just gonna keep getting hurt if she goes on this way and you deserve better than that man. Anyway thats all I have to say I hope that I was able to help you out a little bit. Good luck and if you ever need advice feel free to friend and message me
        And somehow I know it'll all work out. You'll make me work so we can work to work it out <3

Comment

Working...
        X