Sensetive Situation- Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensetive Situation- Help!

So my SO left exactly two weeks ago todayto go to US Basic Air Force Training. It has been bloody miserable, not being able to talk with him at all except for a handful of minutes every Saturday, but I have been trying to distract myself with drawing and writin out my feelings. All the pictures are for him when he visits me in a few months. C:

But today I got my first letter while he has been at training, but it wasn't an actual letter. It was a panflit and a formal typed message. Only thing my SO wrote was the adresses on the front.
    It is an invitation to being at his graduation from training with a panflit regaurding air fare and hotels.
    The letter said it was sent to 'the family' of his so I am extremely emptional about the fact that he chose me as one of them. Trying not to cry I am so touched. lol So of course I want to go. BAD. It would be our first face to face meeting and I would be able to easily meet his parents, whom I assume are coming. The ceramony is in October, so I could even just ask my mom for it to be a Christmas and Graduation gift, really. I am not a needy kid and I don't even want anything for Christmas.

But... I have no clue how to bring this up.
    I am shaken and scared. I have a naturally shy and timid personality, so I don't know how to approach my mom on this. I am 17 and asking to fly from California to Texas for three, maybe more, days. I also have a variety of medical problems, including diabetes and celiac disease, so I cant really see myself going alone either. Most likely I will have to ask my mom to go with me.

I know that none of my friends would understand my anxiety, so I came here. GOD, I would LOVE to see him, but with all of the factors, I am scared.
    Does anyone have any clues for how I can approach this situation? Has anyone had to deal with something like this? Any and everything is welcome.

Thank you.
    ~Tell me every day that I get to wake up to that smile.~
    ~I wouldn't mind.~
    ~I wouldn' mind at all.~

First Meeting:
    December 22nd
    <3

I had to deal with a similar situation. When I met my SO for the first time I was so scared to ask my mom about it. She is way over protective and I thought she would freak. She was surprisingly ok with it. He came for my senior prom. Just try to be honest with her. Does she know you talk to him? If so start with something like "you know I talk to (name) and he invited me to his..." If not start with "so I have become really close with this guy and I was wondering..." You know your mom best so try to approach it how you think best. Good luck! (:

"I love you and I've loved you all along and I miss you. Been far away for far too long."<3

Comment

My mom does actually know about him c: She knows about our relationship and has even spoken to my SO through video chat before he left for basic. ^^

You're right, honesty would be my best bet I am just scared of being turned down. I HAVE to be there for him on that day. x:
      ~Tell me every day that I get to wake up to that smile.~
      ~I wouldn't mind.~
      ~I wouldn' mind at all.~

First Meeting:
      December 22nd
      <3

Comment

I was worried about asking my mum if I could visit my SO for the first time too. What I found that helped a bit, is if you talk to any siblings, if you have any, and tell them about it, and the chances are they'll be supportive, and tell them you are going to ask you mum and ask them to help persuade her if she says no
        I found that just knowing that they would back me up and help persuade my mum made me feel more confident about asking her.
        I hope this helps
        No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

I have celiac disease too! Haha. Just thought I'd say that. Cuz I never meet other people with it lol
          But anyways, I think the best thing to do is start by saying you want her to come with you. It's always better if you ask and include them. I also think if you're 17, that should play a factor. You need to remind your mom you aren't a little kid anymore, and that it would mean the world to you, especially if you don't ask much of her. Tell her that it's something that's important to him, and something important to you because you want to be there for him. I hope all goes well (:

Comment

Working...
          X