Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead?

its funny because my boyfriend will go for 6 days at a time without responding to me. iS HE DEAD

Sorry you are feeling this way :/ but isnt it a bit too harsh to judge if he is dead just because he did not contact you in six days? i understand how you feel, but has this happend before? or was this the first time this happened? if this is the first time this happend maybe he is in some trouble. be patient. if this isnt the first time this happend, talk to him why he does this to you in a calm,mature way the next time he talks to you
    good luck!

Comment

Lol I doubt it. It seems like teen LDRs and the ones where they talk the least,which makes one of the people (usually the girl) upset. Don't know why this is, it just is. I guess it's cause teens don't see a need for contact as much, when I tell my younger friends I talk to my SO on the phone for 3hrs they say 'damn that's long,what do you talk about?' Lol. I would talk for 24hrs but we gotta sleep sometime.

Comment

Try not to assume the worst! I know that going for almost a week without contact feels like forever, but your SO is most probably okay. Has this happened before? Next time you speak to your SO, I'd tell him that it would be good to hear from him on a more regular basis - even if it's just checking in - because long silences give you cause for concern. You'll be letting him know you care about him as well as reminding him that communication is key in an LDR. Good luck

Comment

Wow, 6 days? Has this happened before? I doubt he's dead, so next time you talk to him I would really suggest asking him why he goes so long without talking. If my boyfriend ever did that he'd have an earful. If it bothers you ask him for more time with him. He needs to be conscious of your feelings.
          started dating: 12/08/12
          "i love you": 04/12/13
          el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
          montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
          el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
          montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
          el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
          el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
          el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
          san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
          san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Me and my SO talk on the phone or skype for five to six hours straight, (which surprises most people considering I won't talk to anyone else for longer than half an hour). If that just stopped one day and he wasn't responding I'd be freaked out... I mean it could be nothing, maybe he got grounded and got his phone/internet taken away and he has no choice? But I'd definitely ask him about it

Comment

B and I talk/chat nightly for hours. In the beginning, there was one time I didn't hear from him the usual time and, after a couple hours, I was getting fretful and worried. He finally contacted me and all was well. But, since that happened (we met online) -- he has given my email addy to his daughter and I've given his to my sis. If anything happens to either of us -- accident/injury or, god forbid, death -- we would be contacted by family immediately.
              February 2012 -- met online
              August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
              April 2013 -- met in person
              June 2013 -- broke up
              July 2013 -- back together
              August 2013 -- 2nd visit
              October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
              April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

One time my boy was missing for 103 days. All his forms of communication just bugged out and ohh did I ever want to punch him, but then I was also 13 so it wasn't as bad as it would be now.

Comment

My boyfriend doesn't always respond to me within the time I would like. Lately, we've been having problems communicating in general. I ended up talking to him about it and I saw improvement.

Since you (or we) are so far away from our SO we need to keep in mind that they can't see any non-verbal displeasure we show. Just make sure that when you do get him on the phone to tell him that it bothers you and try to find a solution together.

You can do it!

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much, he probably has just been busy and unable to chat with you.

Comment

Working...
                    X