How to tell mom about my LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to tell mom about my LDR?

Hi my name is Catalina. I am 16 and live in Texas and my LD boyfriend is 19 but he is about to turn 20 and he lives in Illinois. I met him through my ex-boyfriend while we were still dating, he and I talked a lot and after I broke up with my old boyfriend he asked me out. He and I aren't able to see each other because it is too expense to. My SO doesn't have a house of his own (he lives with his friend or his parents) so it would be best if he moved down here with my mom and I.

I have to tell my mom about him first though... :/ She has always been very accepting of my choices and allowed for me to make my own life decisions, but I am absolutely terrified to tell her. But I want to tell her as soon as I can because keeping it a secret causes a lot of stress and the longer I wait to tell my mom the more impatient my SO gets and he is constantly sad that I haven't told my mom and that he can't be with me.

My plan to tell my mom about my LDR right now is:
    1. Take any opportunity to try to convince my mom that LDRs are not bad.
    2. Meet his parents over skype during the winter break.
    3. Wait until I turn 17 then tell my mom.

I know that this isn't a very good plan so I would really appreciate some advice.

Perhaps this thread can help you?
    https://members.lovingfromadistance....l-your-parents

Comment

Thank you so much, that really did help I'm still very nervous to tell my mom though :/
      However i did convince my boyfriend to allow my to start talking to his parents through Facebook So I plan on telling them about me amd learn about them. His paremts already know that im his girlfriend so it won't be a big shock to them. That will make me more comfortable to tell my mom, because I will be able to alow my mom to talk to his parents.

Comment

always good to get to know his parents...i think that's great on your part....and that they must be accepting of you...so good start...as for your mom..you said she has always been understanding of your decisions...and obviously trusts you since you are under 18 and he is over....so my advice...just tell her...being straightforward with her...i think will show her that you are nearing being an adult...honesty is always the best...good luck to you

Comment

Working...
        X