False Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

False Hope

Well, to start this post, my name is Dylan from North Carolina and my SO's name is Skyler from Massachusetts.

We thought we were going to meet in December, during Christmas, her and her dad were going to come and stay at my house for a week or two which my parents would pay for their trip back to MA. It turns out that her dad can't go due to work and that is literally all I wanted for Christmas. This is about the third time something has gotten in the way of us meeting each other.

Today, I asked my mom if either her or my dad could go with me to MA with me so I could stay with Skyler for the time that we are there. My mom said "We'll see", so, in the time being, I want to maximize the chance of either my mom or dad saying yes. Her dad is making me come with a parent because he is protective and doesn't want me and her to be in a room alone(He is at work most of the day). If her dad allowed me to stay without a parent, I easily could go as I have my license.

Can someone please help me with suggestion on possible things that I could do to thoroughly convince my parents into going with me to mass.(Going to mass with me means that they will miss out on all of the family activities that goes on within my family during Christmas) Honestly, I had so much hope in getting to see her this Christmas that now I don't want anything but to be with her.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Dylan <3 Skyler
    Forever Together

I can't really help on the parents front because I simply can't relate. But I'm wondering if her dad would let you have a different chaperone (sp)? Maybe a sibling or cousin instead?

Maybe you could do it a few days after Christmas, so that your family member wouldn't have to miss out on everything?
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I'm not sure if you can ever fully convince your parents to come with you, but just try talking to them about it. Like, tell them how you feel-that really all you want for Christmas is to see her; that it would mean the world to you if you could because you keep being continually disappointed because you just want to be with her and you can't. Idk, stuff like that. I know the feeling of being disappointed with false hopes-it sucks...it really does. That's happened to me numerous times, and it's even worse because my boyfriend and I have been together for a little over 2 years and still haven't met. At first we couldn't because my mom wouldn't let me. But after I talked to my mom, got upset about not seeing him, and got a little older, she actually invited him to come stay with us. The only problem after that was every time we went to make plans, something either came up-like spending the holidays with family or being too busy with work, school etc.-or someone-like his annoying dad- tried to prevent us from meeting. He would always make some excuse, or make other plans so Aaron couldn't come here. We're both pretty much old enough to do what we want at this point. So again we're trying to make plans for all of that, but again, the best advice I can give is to talk to you parents and make it known how much it hurts you not being able to see her because she means so much to you.

Comment

first off i will say that that had to be a huge bummer when you found out that they weren't coming...i would have been crushed too...as for one of your parents going with you and missing family stuff at christmas...this is a hard one...family time is of the utmost importance....alot of families forget that...but...if one of your parents was willing to do it...for you...i give them credit...i'm not sure i would be able to do it or not..i'm not a father...so i couldn't say for sure...as for things you could do to help the situation...i would say just be good...do things they ask...maybe even things they don't ask...if it's meant to be...it will happen...if it doesn't...don't get discouraged...and don't be mad at them for their decision to be together as a family for christmas....but just keep rollin...a great relationship is worth the wait...

Comment

FALSE HOPES: Don't get me started. These have happened to me so many times. If it doesn't work, make the most out of it. Videochat by the fireplace. Eat some chocolate, sing little carols to one another. Hang tight.
          PS
          Maybe a little late but why not try?

Comment

Working...
          X