We've never met and he's older..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've never met and he's older..

I'm 17 and he's 21, we've never met..and he lives in Serbia of all places and I live in the US >> The only chance we have of meeting anytime soon is if I fly there, and that won't be until after I turn 18. Anybody else like us?

I'm 16 and my SO is 20, but he lives in the same country so I guess it's not really the same..

Comment

Hi, my SO is turning 16 this December, I'm 20.
      Gap is about 4 and a half year.

So we're same situation here.

Her dad already know me, her mom not yet.
      But we're hopefully tell her when she gets 16.
      After all that we've been through, It all comes down to me and you.
      I guess it's meant to be, Forever you and me, After all.

Comment

I was 15 when I first started dating my SO who was 20 at the time, we live on opposite sides of the US so I guess it could be somewhat similar, I mean the only way we could meet was if he flied out to visit me although we never had to deal with visas and whatnot.

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

When I met my 1st bf I was 16 and he was 21.
          Introducing him to my family wasn't easy.
          But with time they got to know him better and they were ok with it.

But...
          I suggest for him to fly to you 1st.
          Not you to him,please? ^_^

If I had a 17 yrs old daughter, I wouldn't be happy for her to date a 21 yrs old guy....
          But I would respect her decision and would want to meet the guy locally 1st.

That's my 2 cents : )
          ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Originally posted by Softy View Post
            When I met my 1st bf I was 16 and he was 21.
            Introducing him to my family wasn't easy.
            But with time they got to know him better and they were ok with it.

But...
            I suggest for him to fly to you 1st.
            Not you to him,please? ^_^

If I had a 17 yrs old daughter, I wouldn't be happy for her to date a 21 yrs old guy....
            But I would respect her decision and would want to meet the guy locally 1st.

That's my 2 cents : )
            I agree with your comment Softy!! He should really fly to see you rather than the other way round. For starters he's older and secondly I wouldn't want my daughter travelling to a foreign land on her own to meet a man she's never met. Can he travel to you under the VWP? Something I would definitely look in too........

Started Writing - February 2010
            First Visit - September 2010
            Second Visit - June 2011
            Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
            Our Wedding Day - April 2012
            Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
            NOA1 - July 2012
            NOA2 - December 2012
            Fourth Visit - December 2012
            Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

I met my GF when she was 16 and I was 19. I flew over and met her in person when she was 17 and I was 20.

It would be a really good idea for him to fly to you first. I imagine that it would be very difficult because he isn't on the VWP. The money situation for him would be difficult, I around 12,000km to see my GF and it can get very expensive (even for an Australian)

Comment

Originally posted by Oldblighty View Post
                I agree with your comment Softy!! He should really fly to see you rather than the other way round. For starters he's older and secondly I wouldn't want my daughter travelling to a foreign land on her own to meet a man she's never met. Can he travel to you under the VWP? Something I would definitely look in too........
                Yea, that does make a lot of sense and I would prefer that. He's currently in college and can't afford to fly here though...

Comment

Originally posted by specky View Post
                  Yea, that does make a lot of sense and I would prefer that. He's currently in college and can't afford to fly here though...
                  Split the price of a ticket and visa costs. Start saving now.

Comment

So why does that mean you have to go to him? Even if you'll be the one paying just pay for him to come to you.

Notes:
                    Met: 8.17.09
                    Started Dating: 8.20.09
                    First Met: 10.2.10
                    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I'm 18 and my SO is 23, so there's a 5 year difference between us. We met when I was 16 and he 21 however, and there was no way in hell I was travelling to Argentina at that age (because of my parents and school). So, he started saving up money and eventually he came over, and he's been the one travelling ever since we first met. I have felt horrible about it because there has been no way for me to help him pay for his tickets and all that, but now that I'm 18 there's finally a way for me to go over there! So, I'm going in December, and I'm so excited I can't wait. I've managed to get 2 jobs, and thinking about a third, but we'll see what happens with that. I agree with lucybelle though, maybe you can split the costs between you? That way it would be cheaper for both of you, and it wouldn't take as much time to save up for the tickets and that stuff. Start saving! You'll have to be hard on yourself though, not going out for coffee with friends as often or stuff like that, but it will pay off in the end Good luck!

Met online: February 2011
                      Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Yea, thanks for all the input ^^ I of course would never fly over there until after I turned 18 and got settled into college myself. I actually asked him the other day if he would fly here if I helped pay for it and I think it offended him a little, not liking the fact that I'd be using my own money. What I started thinking about the other day also was that once I'm older I could go there and teach english.

Either way, we'll figure it out ^^

Comment

When I met my ex SO, I was 15 and he was 23. We never got the chance to meet because of financials but I would suggest he come see you. One: becuase it is a little safer for him to do the traveling and it is more realistic. Unless you're comfortable with flying to another country on your own. Best of luck love!

Comment

im 16 and hes 20, ive been judged and my parents arent supportive, his parents are. his mum is in a long distance relationship with a guy here as well so that gives me hope but i cant fly to him till im 18 and hes coming here at the end of the year hopefully, i have to ask, did you get the "rape" talk, hes older your young, that sort of stuff?
                            I'm 17 and he's 21, we've never met..and he lives in Serbia of all places and I live in the US >> The only chance we have of meeting anytime soon is if I fly there, and that won't be until after I turn 18. Anybody else like us?

Comment

I would suggest he flies to you as well, but I am 15 ( nearly 16) and my SO is 17. We met in person last summer when he was in my country for a student exchange and that's when we started going out. We were together for a week before he came home. To cut a long story short, my parents allowed my to fly out there to meet him at the end of October 2012, having never flown at all let alone on my own! He picked me up at the airport and then dropped me off when it was time to come home again. The message is that I managed to get over there, and back on my own without a problem, and have now flown over there twice. If you know what you are doing, have everything planned and have the money I think you flying to him wouldn't be that bad

Comment

Working...
                              X