Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Did You Meet Your SO? And What Do You Do To Make It Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Did You Meet Your SO? And What Do You Do To Make It Work?

I just would like to get to know other teens stories (: So you can post how you first met your SO, and then what do you do to make your LDR work.

I'll start with mine (: I was visiting family at the beginning of the summer in north texas ( i live near austin) and we all went to my cousins graduation. While we were there my mom ran into a guy she knew in college and they started talking. I wasn't really paying attention, but then my mom introduced me to a really cute boy who turned out to be the son of her college friend. We talked for about 20 minutes and I flirted like crazy thinking to myself " hey why not, you're never gonna see him again anyway" But to my surprise, he got my number from my cousin, and started texting me. We texted for about a month, and then when I returned to north Texas for a family reunion, we met up and went on several dates, and he kissed me. And we've been dating ever since (: since then I've gotten to see him several times. I spent to weeks there in August, and then I spent a weekend there In September and October. He lives 432 miles away and the distance can be hard, we've broken up twice, but those breakups have helped us to realize how much we truly care about each other. Last night we said I love you to each other for the first time <3 (: and to stay in touch, we almost constantly text, we talk on the phone every night almost, and we've recently started skypeing occasionally. I also sent him a journal in the mail and were going to write back and forth to each other. I don't know when I will get too see him again. But I love him and I know he's worth the wait (:

I met my GF on Omegle. We started off as friends and developed feelings over a few months.

Skype and visiting during my uni break makes the relationship work!

Comment

I met my SO on a dating site, funnily enough because neither of us really came there to meet someone, we were just looking for friends or something the like. But, he sent me a message eventually, and we continued talking there. I thought he was one of the most good looking guys I'd ever seen, and I fell head over heels for him. We wrote messages on up to 15 000 words back and forth for a couple of months, and then he told me he'd be travelling around Europe (this was in the summer of 2011). Instantly my mind and heart started racing, as I realized he could actually come to Sweden! So I suggested he'd take a spin by Stockholm (which is about an hour from my town), and he did! So we met there (the whole story is in some other thread like this one, I'll link it when I find it xD) and had an amazing 3 days with each other before he had to leave, which was tough since we had no idea when we'd be seeing each other again... But, two weeks later (in the end of August) he called me on Skype, saying he could come over for another week in September! So he did, and he stayed at my house, getting to meet my family and even my cousins and uncles and aunts because we had a party. And every one got along great, and we've been on that road ever since! He'd been visiting me about 5 times in the year and 2 months we've been together (about once every 3 months), and I'm flying over to see him for the first time in Argentina in December!

My family is completely cool with this, thankfully enough, and they all love him as well. They joke around and mess with each other, almost like he's one in the family already And, the language difference isn't that much of a problem, since everyone in my family speaks fluent english and so does he So yeah, we see each other pretty regularily, and not a day goes by that we don't talk to each other. Text messaging and video calls on Skype are our main means of communication, however we do send each other care-packages every now and then as well, with candy and stuff from our countries There is a bit of a time difference which can be annoying sometimes, but we make it work Every now and then we play games over the internet against each other, like Battleships, Bomberman, Tetris or an Argentinian card-game called Truco. I love him with all my heart, and I can't wait to see him again! It will be my first time flying alone though, so I'm freaking out a bit, but I've flown a lot before so I'm sure it will be okay

Met online: February 2011
      Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

I met my SO on PlayStation Network. We talk every chance we get. I even skipped class on Monday because that was the only time we could video chat this week do to his boxing.

Comment

I met my SO through a friend. They were friends and we skyped with him a few times. I got his number and we talked and he told me he liked her so I helped him to get her to become his girlfriend. She told me that she didn't like him but she decided to be his girlfriend anyway. Me and him got closer and that was how I found out that she wasn't a friend to me at all. She spread rumors about me to him that were completely disgusting and later on spread them around our school. I looked out for him and he looked out for me sort of like a brother for the next few months. While she was 'dating' him she cheated on him with 4 guys within the 2 weeks. I let him know and he broke up with her right away. A few weeks later he was going through a rough patch and was going through family troubles. I helped him through it and told him that I loved him and that I'd always be there for him. He never officially asked me out but we sort of confessed our feelings to each other and thought that maybe we could try long distance even if it may not work. Ever since that day we've skyped close to every day and we've talked/fallen asleep on the phone every night since September 3rd, 2011. He's had my back through losing my dad, fights with my family, losing friends, and many other things. We make it work because no matter what we will always be there for each other. We are best friends and love each other with all of our hearts. We skype and talk everyday and share everything with each other. Even if we arent able to kiss or hug or cuddle eachother we still have so much love and I can't wait till we can finally be together!

Comment

I met my SO on a role-play forum.

How do we make it work? Effort and sacrifice. We talk whenever we can between him working 40 hours a week and me going to college full time, we give up going out with friends on occasion, we hoard money for visits like nobody's business, I literally haven't bought a single thing for my self since I met my SO 3 years ago. We work damn hard to make it work and trust me it's not all roses and sunshine, it really is work but it's worth every second of heart ache. We've been through some tough things and we support each other no matter what. We never give up, ever.

Notes:
            Met: 8.17.09
            Started Dating: 8.20.09
            First Met: 10.2.10
            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I met him through my bf (at the time) because my bf's sister was dating him.
              Years later, I got sick, missing two months of school, and he became my math tutor. We got closer and happened to visit Disney World at the same time and well... Disney Magic.
              We made it work with determination, skype, texting/calling, hard work, and a light at the end of the tunnel. We had our ups and downs and we made it because we never stopped loving one another. We were always happier together with distance than we would have been alone.
              3 years after we opened the distance, we finally closed it

Comment

I'm 20 but I met my SO on Facebook when I was 17 and he was 16

We make our relationship work through Skype, texting, calling, and saving a lot of money for visits.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

My boyfriend messaged me on Kik the app just wanting to talk! So I said ok cool(: on that first Convo we talked for 11hours straight! It was crazy how well we got along! We started talking for long hours every day as it was summer vacation I had nothing better to do & he lives in Australia & I live in Ireland so he worked when I slept & when I woke up we could talk so he gave up sleeping for a while for me! This boy would jump through hoops for me & he still does! After just a couple of days of constant talking I knew I felt something for this guy so I told him & he asked me out obviously we couldn't date proper being millions of miles away but we were willing to give LDR a try! We discovered this great app called 'viber' which allowed us to talk on the phone for free! & we do ALOT! Me & my boyfriend have an 11 year age gap which may sound crazy but he's my world! He adopted me a tiger for Christmas & I got an adorable teddy to cuddle imagining it was him❤ we haven't met yet as flight prizes are mad crazy! But after just 3 months of dating he's already planning on coming here for my 18th Birthday! Xx

Comment

Omegle ^.^
                    <3 2/15/2017<3

Comment

We met on a teen forum (VirtualTeen) and we instantly hit it off. From the first time we had an actually conversation, it's been non stop chatting for the last 5 months.

We make it work by skyping, trusting each other, believing in each other (which is something we both really needed in our lives; someone to believe in us) and just, ya know, loving each other with everything we have and having faith that we'll be together. And patience. I've been working on saving money any chance I get, and this summer when I turn 18, I'm going to get my license so I can get a job and get the rest of the money saved up so I can see him. I live with my mom and soon to be step dad right now, so I don't have any expenses, which makes it very easy to save money while I work for a year or two.
                      "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

I remember walking into the bar with my friend (he lives in Thailand) and seeing her straight away, we just locked eyes and went from there, we started talking almost immediately and had a great night, my friend left me there with her lol, I literally spent the rest of the holiday with her, living in her apartment instead of the hotel, we went out on trips together, food, drinks, or dvd and munchies in, everything just fell into place, it was like we'd been together forever to be honest, so comfortable and happy with each other, its now 2months 5 days since I left her and we both miss each other and talk almost everyday, it's hard but nothing in life that's worth it is ever easy, I'm going back in 3 months 2 weeks for 2 weeks, finish the visa, then going back in July and hope the visa will be sorted for her to come to the UK with me for 6months

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
                        2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
                        3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
                        4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
                        5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
                        6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
                        7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
                        Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
                        UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

Erm, I met him on a gaming forum. We had mutual interests and started to hang with each other more often. And from there, romance blossomed. =)

Comment

I met my boyfriend on omegle. The first time I talked to him I disconnected him, but a while later I ran into him again. We started talking and he was being all flirty with me hehe x)

We make it work by talking on the phone, texting and Skype.

Comment

I met my boyfriend at a grocery store. (One of the grocery stores where I live lets teens bag groceries for tips.) It was my first day of work and a friend of mine who also works there was pointing to all the baggers and was telling me their names. He pointed to my boyfriend and told me his name. I immediately found him really attractive, but was kinda intimidated by him. I don't know if it was because he is 6'4 or what, but I was really nervous and awkward around him, haha. Somehow during the day, one of the older ladies who works at the grocery store forced my boyfriend to explain to me how he had just gotten in a car accident a few months before and made him show me his scar. It was pretty awkward and I felt like he wasn't going to ever talk to me again. However we ended up bonding over our love for Photoshop, Firefly, and Death Cab for Cutie. He eventually started giving me rides to and from work and then he admitted to having feelings for me a few months later.

We haven't been in a long distance relationship for very long, and it's a little different since he has been in bootcamp. But so far we have been writing letters back and forth often. I send him jokes, pictures, and cute little romance quotes I find online. When he graduates boot, we plan on Skyping, calling, texting as much as we can. We also remind each other that these obstacles are just a step toward bigger and better things. We have been dating for almost nine months.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X