Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dear Adults, Shush, please and thank you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Adults, Shush, please and thank you.

My mother is my dearest supporter with my ldr, but it seems her friends and my teachers and a lot of other random adults seem to think that my relationship is never going to work out. Yes we haven't met, yes it hurts, but yes i am and it sickens me that an "adult" has to try and put down a teens relationship just because we aren't fifty with stable jobs. We have plans, we have been together forever, we are going to get married, nothing an adult says can change that. Teens have feelings to and i'm pretty sure there are adults that are waaaay more immature the 13-18 year olds so please stop running your mouth like you know exactly how my life is going to go.
    My life isn't going down the gutter, i'm going to school after high school so i can marry Ben and have a stable road ahead of me, these "Adults" are ridiculous with their sterotypes and predictions. Lay off! My rant is now done ^_^

Ignore them. Don't let them get to you.

Comment

sounds to me like the adults in your life have trouble letting you go. guess you're still their little girl.
      and how much it might sound weird.... cherish this.

of course, make your own plans. you and you alone are the architect of your own life.
      but it's a good thing really.... that the adults in your life care so much about you they seem sceptic.... that's because they care a lot about you.
      they don't want to see you hurt.

take it step by step..... and you and the adults will be fine in the end.

trust me.....

ooo..... and nice piccy of you!!!
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

As Carenza LaRue said, they care and don't want to see you hurt. But only you and your SO know the seriousness of your relationship. You'll feel better when it does work out between you two and those adults will still be around.

Comment

The other side to this is the adult in your life don't want to see you heartbroken and hurt. I understand it's frustrating when they don't support you when you need it but I'd just remember their "doubt" is coming from a place of love and to just assure them that you may not always know what your doing (which is true even in their case) but you'd like for them to support you.

Comment

I've been there, so I know how it is. I've lost friends over it as well. My ex SO was slightly older then me and we had many problems but we were 4 years strong despite odds on my end and his. I grew up around adults, and my situation forced me to grow up real fast. We get thrown in with the "teenagers" of this world despite having our heads screwed on better then most of our generation. His friends hated me, especially since we were always together. It got to the point where he hated hanging out with them because they would pick at our relationship. He was in Bosnia and I was in the US. We'd never met and we held it together. In the end the distance did prevail but it was worth all the problems. So hang in there! Despite all odds, prove them wrong and stick to your guns. No matter how many trials.

Comment

Both my mom and dad and even most of my friends support me and my guy and love him too. But my aunt who is my biggest role model constantly pretends like he doesn't exist. She will even ask me why I don't date other guys at school and puts down my relationship. She says it will end soon and that I'll find other guys and that stuff really upsets me because my bf is the most caring, respectful, devoted guy ever. He even is trying to get into a college near me so we can see each other more often. It hurts me when she says stuff like this but I know I love my bf and nothing can ever make me doubt that. I'm just afraid of losing her as a close friend and supporter.

Comment

Just ignore them, like the others have said - only you two understand the seriousness of your relationship
                No time zone or distance or anything can keep us apart

Comment

Sounds like one of the reasons I haven't exactly told my parents about it yet. Kind of sad really.

It's like the others are saying too, just ignore them. In my opinion, adults seem to see things in a really pessimistic perspective. Well, not every adult, but those who haven't been in a situation like we are now. In a relationship that.... has quite some distance. Or good relationships in general.

You know, just prove them wrong! Best way to let them learn their 'lesson' and to understand how serious you guys are about your relationship!
                  You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

Working...
                  X