Parents...:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Parents...:(

So I came to a point where I'd like to tell my parents about him, since things between us seem to work well and we have been discussing a lot about us and future lately. The problem is that I don't know how.
    I tried to introduce the topic by telling my mother about a friend of mine and his relationship with a girl who lives in a different town from him, and only negatives opinions came up. I can't imagine what she might say if I tell her that I'm in love with a boy who lives in another continent. Why do people make it so hard? Any advice?

just sit down and tell them, my mom is not pleased with this at all!!! she don't want her girl to move so many miles away
    i understand that, all we got is each other we don't have any other family.
    for now we stil have to meet and she hold's on to that (probably hoping that the spark isn't there hihi)
    just take one step at the time, that is what i do to, my mom knows i am deeply in love and that she can't stop me if i want to go
    but that doesn't mean she has to like it, but if she sees how happy i am with him, she stil won't like it but have a little more peace with it then
    good luck!

Comment

Thanks for supporting We also haven't met yet, but I'm sure our love is strong and we will do anything to be together. I'll try to be strong and tell them everything. They may not like it, or support us, but I will show them that we can make it and that things between us can work despite the big distance. I can't wait for him to be here and show people our love is real.

Comment

just be sure to stay yourself and don't do anything to rush, you got time
        like what i sad to my BF what is 2 years on a human life?
        you can do it!!

Comment

Woah, so it seems like I finally did it. And yes, my mother is kind of shocked as I expected. In the beginning she said I'm crazy, but then she confessed me she is only worried for my social life and she would prefer me to have a "real" boyfriend.
          I promised her that he will be "real" as soon as possible, and I'll introduce him to her, and in the end she told me as long as this makes me happy she's happy too

Comment

good for you!!! as they meet him they will soften up
            my mom is also still not happy with it, but she is thinking with me about the moving stuff (long away but i like to prepair) so i think its a big step forward!
            have fun you two!

Comment

They don't believe I love her

In my relationship my S/O's parents found out before she could tell them. She is 18 but lives at home for now. They told me that I must no longer be in her life. We haven't listened to them.

Neither of us could handle this and we have minimal communication through emails. I love her with all of my heart, and I would like to learn what we should do.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this

Comment

I'm sorry I would suggest to be strong and don't give up. Maybe she should try to explain them the situation, and in some time they will accept your relationship. I know it's hard, and you got to fight everyday but I'm sure in the end it's gonna be worth it.
                I wish you good luck!

Comment

Thank you so much. My father respects the relationship, and her older brother also does. I'm going to talk to her brother and tell him about how much I love his sister.

We will get through this she can start making her own decisions and she is planning on moving out this summer. After that we can start making things easier, our love stronger, and ourselves happier. We are very committed, even if it isn't the best decision.

This forum and website are amazing resources for a LDR. I pray that I will have the strength of this websites founders in my relationship.

Comment

I agree It helps me a lot being strong and keep having hope. I don't have much support for the moment but I'll try my best anyway, and I'm sure we're all gonna make it

Comment

My only fear was the temptation from lack of communication. But then I remembered my girl is definitely the best I could ask for. I suggested her buying a prepaid phone or getting an iPod and using that to text. We will get through this

Comment

My boyfriend texts me with a service called vtext from the states and I reply with my email address and we can text for free, I only pay the internet connection. I bought a phone card but I cant make it work for the moment, so we prefer using skype even if not very often unfortunately.
                        Good luck!

Comment

I wish we could switch places Thendsnotnear, I live in Washington State (next to Oregon) and he lives in PU, Italy.

Comment

That would be quite amazing, I'd give anything to be in the States with him, I still hope I can move there one day. And I would totally give you my place

Comment

just tel them.

Comment

Working...
                              X