Hurt my feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Hurt my feelings

Hey, this is the first thread I've ever posted so don't yell at me please.
    My S.O. and I have been together for quite awhile. We met on a social website called bebo and sooner or later began texting. He was afraid to add me on his facebook because neither of our parents knew of our relationship. We both have told our parents that we are dating, so he added me on facebook but here's the thing I'm kinda hurt about.
    1. He doesn't want to change our status to "In A Relationship" with each other.
    2. He deleted my comment to something he posted.
    He claims it's because some of his 104 other friends would stalk me.
    I don't know if it's wrong to feel sad over this whether it's pitiful or not but all I know is that it hurts.
    By the way, He lives in North Carolina, I live in Kentucky.
    How would you feel if this happened to you?
    and I'm not looking directly for advice but what would you do?
    Thanks.

To me it sounds like there are other reasons why he doesn't want you showing up all over his facebook... I would talk to him and see what's going on, and don't let him give the same excuses again.

sigpic

Comment

I don't have my Facebook status visible and I didn't when I was in a different, longer LD relationship either. I don't personally think it's a big deal if everyone knows I'm with someone - if they care, it'll come up. But that's just how I see it.

I would talk to him about deleting your comments etc. Has he told his friends about you? Have you met in person? With my ex, we met online, and before I met him in person I was weary of telling certain friends about our relationship in case something went sour. I didn't delete things he wrote on FB, but I also didn't point him out to people. (After we met, more people knew about him.)

I understand being hurt, because of course you want to be a part of his life - even online! But I would just ask him what his reasoning was, and why he thinks his friends would "stalk" you. He may just be feeling private and perhaps a little shy.
      ~~~

Comment

My SO and I aren't "In a Relationship" on Facebook either but to me that's no big deal. But him deleting your comment is a hugeee red flag to me. It screams he's trying to hide you from someone. I'd ask him about it.

Notes:
        Met: 8.17.09
        Started Dating: 8.20.09
        First Met: 10.2.10
        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Well, you see, he told me that he didn't want me spamming his wall with "ILY" messages because his whole family doesn't know about me. Just his mother. This comment had nothing to do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by AlicexZero View Post
            Well, you see, he told me that he didn't want me spamming his wall with "ILY" messages because his whole family doesn't know about me. Just his mother. This comment had nothing to do with that.
            Then I don't see why he would need to delete it. Even if outside family members questioned him about who you were he could always tell them you were a friend or something, if they aren't close to him and thats why he didn't mention you to them then he shouldn't care what they think anyway.

Notes:
            Met: 8.17.09
            Started Dating: 8.20.09
            First Met: 10.2.10
            Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I remember a few occasions where my SO deleted comments I wrote to him. For what reason, IDK. But at the time we hadn't met yet and our relationship was a little rocky. He probably doesn't want people to know he's got something going on with you, or its possible that he doesn't want anyone on his facebook to know who you are.

Comment

Working...
              X