Parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Parents

I'm debating on telling my mom about my relationship. She always tells me that I can tell her anything, but I'm sadly not really close with her.. if I tell her I'm scared shell take him away somehow. She wasn't happy about me having long distance friends. But I can't keep this secret anymore. I want to be able to talk to him without having to lie and say I'm talking to my friend. We usually stay up till 3am on the phone bc she's sleeping. But if anyone has told their parents or mom, pllease tell me how. I don't know how to just come out and say it.

My mum knew pretty much straight away from me talking about him and luckily he was still in the country at the time so he came home to meet her briefly. We didn't tell my dad though, until he left and I just went one day (whilst doing other things) "Hey Dad, you know ******? Well I'm going out with him" He was a bit annoyed at first and walked out but after he spoke to my SO on skype and has trusted my SO twice to look after me when visiting him, they now get along really well. I think if you give her the chance to talk to him and learn that he is an actual person she will feel better about the situation. I think explaining that it isn't your fault he lives so far away and you shouldn't not be allowed to be together just because of that, good luck

Comment

i told my mum as soon as we starting talking to eachother. i thought it was important she knew who he was before anything real happened. she has met skyler on skype and she adores him. she is still not sure about letting me go over to america to meet him though. any advice on how to persuade her?

Comment

I haven't told my mother yet about the actual... romance in the relationship. She does know I have friends all over the world and I do skype calls with them. When I still lived at home (Moved out for college), it wasn't that bad if she interrupted us... I usually said we were playing a game and it's easier like this, if she asked at all.
        Somehow... I think she knows though P: I'm going to tell her everything once he is here, next Fall so ^_^

Maybe you can introduce your LDR to your mother, not as a partner, but as a friend? And once she sees it's okay, that it's a good person, you can later on tell her that you are in love with each other? It's the cautious approach.
        It's always tricky how parents will respond... But i think that in the end most parents would accept it. They of course still want to protect their child though.
        You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness

Comment

My SO and I have been together for 5 months now .. and we want to meet. He's already told his parents about me, and ive spoken to them before. Me on the other hand. I havent told my parents yet. Im scared that they will freak out and break my computer or something like that, but me and him had a long convo about me telling them about us before he comes to NY to see me. He wants to meet them to show them hes not just a "internet creeper" Ive had other relationships in my past but I still never told them about them before. So as far as they know .. hes my 1st ever boyfriend. thats my story .. I guess .. what im asking is .. how do I bring it up to my parents and try to make them understand. (P.S. my mom is the type of women who watches TV and listens to all those horrible stories about people meeting and the girl getting murdered , and thats how she thinks all Online relationships are ) =/

Comment

I also wasn't sure how to tell my parents when things were getting serious between me and my bf. I had LDR before and my parents weren't really supportive, they didn't want me to meet him. But what really helped with my current bf was when he came to my place, introduced himself politely and told them something about himself so they would know better with who I am going out. Also when they saw that it was worth to him to drive for 3 hours just to meet me, they attitude changed because they saw that I am really important to him. My mother likes him - I thought she wouldn't because I am 19 and he is 30 - and is very supportive now, last week she allowed me to visit him in his place for a weekend. My father isn't so open-minded as she is and I think he will need some time to accept him as my boyfriend, but I'm sure it will be ok soon. So my advice is, if it's possible and you are sure that you won't mind him meeting your parents, let him just visit you and introduce himself, for me it worked. Good luck!

Comment

Hah, I had the same problem when I was 16 I met my boyfriend on the last.fm website and I was talking with him all day and all of the night xD Then he told me that he lives in Wschowa, so I looked on the map where is this city and it was 20 km from my grandma's place xD It was in June, so in July I told my mum, that I want to visit my grandma and I told her, that I met really nice boyfriend on the net and he lives near to my grandma's place. She told me, that I should be careful, but she was so fascinated who is he etc^^ She called me the day when I first met him in real and everything was pretty good. After that he went to my place and slept in my house after the concert of our favourite band which was in Warsaw^^ Sometimes she isn't so much happy, but I think she understands I'm 18 now and I need to have my own private life. And I think, she's already got to used to

Comment

I told my mom last year, and my family really wasn't very supportive. We ended up breaking up because it was too much to handle. We got back together and no one besides my two best friends know. I plan on telling her eventually, but as of right now I'm uncomfortable with the idea of her putting her $0.02 in. AS far as telling your mom, I wouldn't worry about it She might be a little uneasy at first, but that's because she loves you.

First met: June 2012
                Became Committed: June 04, 2012
                Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
                Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Well, I didn`t tell my parents- I actually just got caught red-handed (...it`s a long tragedy story).
                  And in my case, yes, my parents got pissed as heck and tried to cut all forms of communication that I had with my boyfriend. But! We`re still going strong (because I secretly talk to him anyway...It`s like Romeo and Juliet actually).

Comment

Working...
                  X