Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens I need advice for my LDR!!

Hi guys,
    I'm a new member on this site and I'm struggling with my relationship right now with my "boyfriend". I will go straight to the point.
    I was an exchange student from Vietnam. I came to school in Tennessee last year, and I met him there. We talked a lot and then he asked him out. We did a lot of stuff together. Basically, I was his gf and we had intercourse. But we weren't together for a long time. He left me because I was not there for a long time, that I had to go back to Vietnam.
    We didn't talk for about 10 months. While I was back home, I still missed him a lot that I could not get him off my mind. When I came back to the states (I'm living in SF now), I sent him texts and postcard on his birthday. He was like: Leave me alone. So I left him alone for a while.
    I startes talking back w him on New Year's eve. We sent sweet texts, like bf and gf. Then he stopped talking to me w/o no reason in a month. Then we started talking back again. He said that he tried to go out with 2 girls but it didn't work out. We texted, talked on the phone, and facetime every day and night. I came back to TN on spring break. We hung out a lot. And we had sex again. We did everything like a normal couple. But the key thing is: He didn't ask me out. I asked him why, he still gave me the reason that because I was too far away, and he didn't think it would work out. But we still text and talk everyday. He still says: I love you everyday.

I just don't wonder that I should maintain the relationship like this, or leave him. Since nothing is clear: I'm not his gf, and he's not my bf. I want to have a relationship, but he's not willing to have one. I love him, and he loves me too. It's just because of distance. It would be great to hear advice from everybody. Thank you all!

I'm a strong believer that if you want something enough, you will make it work. 2000 miles is a way apart, but there are plenty of people on here who are proof that it is possible if you want it enough. It seems to me like your boyfriend, or whatever he is at the moment, is having things all on his own terms. He gets to speak to you when he wants, treat you how he likes (such as telling you to leave him alone when you did something nice on his birthday) but knows that you will be there for him when he gets lonely or when his other options fail. You're worth more than that.

Comment

I know exactly how you feel I've been in your position before, if I was you I'd leave him alone, he could be using your feelings for him to his advantages. He got what he wanted from you when you was dating and since he knows you still have feelings for him he could be using you. Whenever your gone he's probably got a girlfriend and just doesn't tell you, so when you get back he can get what he wants. It'd be best to just leave him it's a waste of your time to be with the wrong one, you could find someone who treats you better, and doesn't use you.

Comment

I could be very wrong about this, but I would have a serious heart to heart with him. Tell him that you want to either be a couple or not. Walk into the conversation with facts about LDRs and show him the it is distinctly possible. Show him this site and any others that show it's not even remotely impossible. If he still isn't open to it after thinking it over, tell him that's not good enough. you deserve to know you're someone's only and not have to wonder. You're better than that

Comment

Thanks everybody for the advice . I guess I know what I should do now

Comment

I honestly believe that you should give him an ultimatum of being with you or losing you. And if he loves you the way he says he does and you think he does, then he absolutely will not let you go. And if he does let you go then he's not worth your time and pain.

Comment

Working...
            X