Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Worried

I've always been against me being in a LDR because I'm very physical and I enjoy being able to kiss and hug the person and see them however I met a guy online and we because best friends. After a few months he confessed to me that he has fallen for me and we started telling each other that we love them. We recently started dating and I'm feeling more stress of being in love with someone 5 hours away. We text everyday but we rarely talk on the phone and he is completely against Skype. He said he doesn't want to Skype because he doesn't like his looks. He's also been acting a little different since we started dating, he says he's just been sick but idk. Should I give him his space and just start being kind of distance also to see how he reacts or what? Help please???? Btw this is my first LDR with a guy I've never met, also I'm 18 and he's 17.

Are you sure he is who he says he is?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiedPiper View Post
      Are you sure he is who he says he is?
      This ^ Its really sketchy that he refuses to skype with you over something so stupid.
      Made it official: 12-01-10
      First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
      Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

If you are a physical person, why waste your time with someone that won't even let you see them? Seems like a horrible compromise to me. If he doesn't start talking to you on the phone or showing his face, you haven't invested enough in to the relationship yet so I'd get out.

Comment

I have plenty of pictures of him so yes I'm sure he is who he says he is.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
            If you are a physical person, why waste your time with someone that won't even let you see them? Seems like a horrible compromise to me. If he doesn't start talking to you on the phone or showing his face, you haven't invested enough in to the relationship yet so I'd get out.
            We've talked on the phone it's just hard for us to because we can't until late at night due to our parents. And I "waste" my time as you say on him because he actually makes me happy and I much rather be with a guy far away that I can't physically touch yet then a guy near me that treats me horribly. I love him.

Comment

Originally posted by one_love95 View Post
              It seems suspicious that he won't get on Skype, though. There have been issues of people lying, even using someone else's pictures, who refuse to get on Skype and make up excuses for it. :/ Simply seems like he's hiding something with the fact he won't actually prove he is who he says he is in addition to the fact he's been sick since you started dating (I automatically think "guilt" but maybe I've been around the internet too long). Other than that, though, I recommend talking to him or suggesting meeting up to him or something. Communication is the foundation of any relationship and he can't be sick forever.

Comment

Originally posted by one_love95 View Post
                There are plenty of pictures out there of other people, think how easy it is to find a facebook profile and save all their pictures as your own! If he doesn't want to skype or anything have him take a picture of himself holding up a sign/piece of paper with your name on it, that way it proves he is who he says.

Notes:
                Met: 8.17.09
                Started Dating: 8.20.09
                First Met: 10.2.10
                Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

What the others said.

If he won't even take a picture with something of your choosing in it, your BF is probably fake.

Comment

Working...
                  X