Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Need some cheering up please :(

Hi,
    I know it's kinda offtopic here but I just needed some cheering up... I don't have any personal friends that are in LDR so they wouldn't understand.
    Things have been kinda hard for me and my boyfriend recently. BTW I found out that we are always arguing (well, he is arguing with me, he is very impulsive) when we are not personally together - like its not enough that I miss him so much, I also have to be sad because he gets angry for no reason at me. We last met 10 days ago and it's 6 more days until we'll be together again. Today he made me very sad because he said that he is getting bored with our relationship - and we are together only for two month or so! He said that we always do the same things - which is true, but there aren't many things that you can do over skype or so. When I told him that things will be different when we will be together again, he said that he doubt it because the only difference will be that he will see me physicaly and not over screen. I hope you understand that it hurt me.
    Other thing is, he always complains that I don't care about him, which is not true - I'm just not comfortable asking him personal questions, like where he used to go to school, what are the names of his parents etc. When he is sick, I always ask him how he feels, and few days ago when I almost cried from pain in my back (I have problems with it) he didn't even asked what is wrong.
    I don't know what exactly I want from you, maybe some kind of support or something? And maybe I just needed someone to know what I'm going through. So thank you very much for reading <3

Hey Karoshi! I have of course a LDR myself and me and my girlfriend has been agruing lately, but that is over for now. It is very easy to start argue in a LDR really. At least at texting and writing, it is not so easy to start an argumentation over skype and telephone. So when you write, it is so much easier to slip out words you don't think about which really can hurt.
    I see my girlfriend maximum one time a month (but of course for a week or so when we meet). I know it is really hard, but you just got to have a little faith. If you feel your relationship is good when you are not arguing, then go for it! You can have nice long conversations at the evenings to show each other that you care and want to talk. Skype isn't always that fun. Try to add some humor also in your conversation. Tell him how much you care for him and how much you like him personaly and him as a person You should be comfortable with asking our boyfriend about personal questions. You will not go far in a relationship without knowing personal info about each others. Maybe he feels that you don't care because you never ask about his personal life. If you need something to do, you can always play games vs. each other on the internet, like Osu, a really fun music game. You can play "test for friends" if you have a smart phone. You could watch the same tv programme together and much more. Just be creative and caring for each other.
    We boys can also not be thinking straight or know what to say in some situations. Like when you told about your back. Maybe he dind't know what to say.
    Confront him with that he said that the only difference would be that he would see you physicaly. That is a so huge difference than behind the computer! You can touch each other, see each other in real (the real appearance) and you can do so many more things together in real.

Hope i helped a little, go on! Best wishes!

Comment

Thank you so much for your post! It really calmed me down a little, thank you.
      You are right - we are arguing a lot and it's literally draining my energy, but when everything is fine, I enjoy every minute with him. It is hard, but in 4 days I'm going to his place and we'll spend whole 3 weeks together, so I hope that will comfort me about our relationship. But everytime we argue, like right now (he is upset because I didn't try to comfort him when he lost in Dota 2 game, wtf), I am afraid that he will tell me that he doesn't want me to come... It's really really hard.
      Thank you again and good luck in your relationship, too!

Comment

Working...
      X