Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Overreacting or....?

Hi =)

I'm new here and this is my first time that I post a thread, but I really hope that you would give me an advice.

I met my SO in January this year. With long hours of conversations and video chats things happened pretty fast and we have been together since February. He was first in confessing his feelings for me and I was really happy because I felt the same way. I love him with all my heart and I try to show it to him in every possible way. He, on the other hand is just the opposite - rarely shows me that he cares about me, but as we were spending half day talking I was fine with it. He can be really sweet some days but others he acts really cold.

He lives in Lithuania but right now he is in Scotland with his sister. He went there to earn some money for plane tickets, because we really want to see each other and my parents don't allow me to travel despite that I am 18. Till now everything is perfect. The only problem is that he has this habit of disappearing for some days - he doesn't text me or call me, also he doesn't answer me. After that he says that he is sorry and he will try to avoid this behavior in future, but he never tells me what he was doing during these days. I felt really hurt in the beginning, because it seemed like he is ignoring me, but now I got used to it and I don't care. My first question is do you think this is a bad sign?

Also before we used to video chat every day. Since he is in Scotland I am happy if I see him once in a week for 20-30 minutes. I know that it's new and interesting place for him so I don't want to bother him by texting fist. I asked him to install viber on his phone and he agreed but never did it. We haven't talked from 2 days and I really miss him. So earlier today I tried to text him in skype but as he shares his computer with his sister I don't know if he has seen the message. Do you think I should send him a SMS or wait? I have always thought that if there is a will there is a way. So maybe he doesn't want to talk with me. Am I too clingy and overreacting for thinking this?

Thank you for reading and sharing opinion.

I don't think you're being too clingy or overreacting. It's perfectly fine of you to miss your SO when he disappears without notice or explanation. To me, though, this would raise red flags if he doesn't tell you what he does in the days where he disappears. I could ask him flat out about it. Maybe he's working, maybe he's busy with his sister, it could be anything, but you need to know. Ask him if he is still feeling the same way he did about you - and see what he says. This isn't fair to you.

When my SO and I first started dating back in December, he had to leave soon after to go back home for Christmas. He was gone for about three weeks, and during that time he did disappear twice, for about three days, but with explanation. He was with his family, and the internet (through which we communicated) wasn't working. At the end of the second time I just texted him to see what was going on.

Be careful, and best wishes.
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16