Parents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Parents.

Do your parents know about your long distance relationship? If they do, how did you tell them? If they don't when are you planing to tell them? And how?

I told my mum today. Completely by accident. She asked if I was seeing anyone and got so caught up in grinning I forgot to say no. I knew she'd never be happy with it but I didn't expect her to tell me because of the distance he wasn't a 'real' boyfriend. I'm heart broken but that's not stopping us being together.

Comment

I haven't told yet...and quite honestly I am terrified to! My parents have always told me "No boy that requires a plane ride is worth it". He makes me so happy though, so i don't understand why it should be such a huge issue. He's already told his dad about me, and is fine with it, he talked to me over skype and already considers me like a daughter. Which makes me super happy! I hope when I do finally tell my parents they won't break us up, but until that time comes or I accidentally let it slip it will remain a secret. My boyfriend wants me to tell them, but he understands my fears. <3 I'm so lucky to have a guy like him!

Comment

My mum knows my long distance relationship and she talks with him with me by skype, she will help us to meet ^^

Comment

My mum and dad found out about
          Mine 3 months after we first got together. My mum was fine about it and supported me, and my dad... Well he's a dad he's protective! But my mum helped me meet him in person both my parents support me now, they let me go up and see him and let him come here!
          I think you should just tell them, explain the situation!
          My mum is a good support network for me, she's there to talk to about it!
          If they don't like it, then that's their own opinion! But if you really aren't comfortable yet in telling them, then wait until you are

Comment

My Mom Kinda guessed, She knew I was talking to my SO then she asked me if he was my boyfriend I wanted to say no cos I was worried about what she might say but I thought screw it, it's my life he makes me happy that's all that should matter. I told a few other members of my family but others guessed or were told. My brother isn't supportive neither is my father my mother is but not in helping us meet. He can't come over here cos of trouble with the IRS and my parents won't let me visit. so it's a pain in the behind really, not having the support you need even from friends.

Comment

I've told my parents. Sadly, neither of them support it, but like marleigh-nicole said, its not stopping us. Her parents don't know yet, and I can't say one way or another what she thinks ^_^

Comment

If you do tell your parents and they don't agree, give them a little time. My mum changed her mind and is even allowing him to stay here in december under the condition he sleeps in my brother room as it's empty at the moment. After a week of not talking about him she came to me and just said I obviously must trust him and she's seen him on skype. Give them something to go off, even if it's just a picture. Parents need reassuring too ^.^

Comment

Not yet, but I have a plan. My plan is to put him on Skype with my mic on, but video off, sit the laptop tablet on the chair facing away from us. I'd tell my mom that I had two things to tell her, and the one requires her to have an opened mind and to listen what I have to say. Then I'd tell her I have a boyfriend, and let her say what she must. I'd tell her his age, how much I love him, what state he is in, and that I met him online through mutual friends. I'd show her my screen, tell her that it's him, and ask her if she'd like me to leave the cam off, then it'll go from there. :3

I've been thinking about it nonstop. I'm scared she'll take my stuff away, and I will take her iPad (that I kind of stole) to a friends house... She thinks everyone online is a pedophile. By the time she meets him he might be 18 or 19, but hopefully I can get my laptop tablet before he's legal, since I'm two years younger, but his birthday is before January so he's only a school year ahead of me...

He's afraid they'll take my stuff... He isn't as supportive about telling them... Though, he's letting me choose weather or not I tell.
                  Last edited by SapphireFlames; October 11, 2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X