Telling my parents- please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Telling my parents- please help.

Hey, I've been in a relationship with my ldr bf for almost a month now. We both love each other alot and see lots of years ahead of us to talk and be in a relationship. <----(His words^_^). Anyways im thinking about telling my parents. At least my mom, i cant keep this secret anymore../: i want to be able to talk about him with them and share things and talk to him on the phone or text him in front of them.. But im scared.. Scared she won't understand the situation.. She won't understand how much i love him and wants to be with him. Im scared shell just take my phone away and won't give it to me again so we could never talk again...or she won't take it seriously and think he is using me because he is 4 years older then me and people say its a huge difference at my age../: but he really isn't.. He doesn't ask for pics with less clothes or sexting or anything like that. So I've been thinking about telling her next year.. But i really dont know.. What should I do? How did you tell your parents? Give me an advice please im really lost and dont know what to do at this point.. Thanks. And sorry it been soo long.

Sooo I was sorta in a similar situation, but he asked me to be his girlfriend then a week or two later I told my mom....I was extremely nervous because I had no idea what she would say, or how she would react. But what I did was I asked if her and I could go to breakfast one morning (this is the same thing I did when I asked her if I could go meet him in Iowa for the first time, now she is nervous to go to breakfast with me cuz she thinks I'll have something serious to talk about LOL) and basically I said "mom I have something I need to talk to you about, but I want you to keep an open mind the ENTIRE time, put yourself in my shoes, try to see where I'm coming from" then I told her. My mom was very supportive (except the first time I asked to go visit him).

Just take a deep breath and ask them not to over react, and to hear you out.

Comment

I was in this situation before, and what I did was introduce him little by little into my parents' life. I share random stories about how i met this certain interesting guy, then a few weeks later I tell them that he's interested in meeting my family and then the next thing I knew he was already talking to them on Skype! I was really nervous but I kept my moves calculated. Now my family is doing okay with him and are waiting for the day that they can judge him in person.

Comment

Working...
      X