More than a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens More than a day

I know this is different for everyone depending on the distance. Me and my So have just met for the second time. We first met on the 25th June. As we are both starting college in September, we won't be able to see each other a great deal. I will need to focus on my studies, as I will be in my first year of A-Levels. After seeing him today, I feel like I need to be with him all the time. I know it sounds stupid, but I feel alive when I am with him. I knew what I was getting into when we started going out, but I've realised that once September comes we wont have many opportunities to see each other. I mentioned spending weekends together, and he said he felt like I was rushing things and there is no need to rush. Maybe I am rushing things, but I'm scared we will drift apart once we go from speaking all day, to a few hours. The longer we go without seeing each other, the harder its going to be. I was just wondering when people spent more than a day together, if there distance isn't too far and do you think I am rushing things?

Long distance relationships definitely suck, but they are worth it when you see that person each time.

Lauren

Many people here go from spending weeks, months, even years closed distance and then having to deal with long distance and they still work out. I spent over a month with my SO this summer and on top of that, we're both in school and extremely busy so we only get a few hours out of the day to talk. We're doing totally fine. It really depends on how badly you and your SO want to make things work. If theres enough dedication then you should be fine. Don't rush anything and focus on your school work.

Comment

My boyfriend and I were closed distance for 8 months before we went LD, and that was really hard for us. When we found out he was actually moving (before it was only just a chance) we probably spent every day for the last 2-3 months together. We love each other's company, and I can't recall there ever being a time we got tired of spending time together. When I went with him to Texas, for two weeks we were glued at the hip and pretty much the only thing we didn't do together was shower. When it came time for me to leave, it was really hard on both of us. We've been apart for 2 weeks, and even though that isn't very long, I miss him terribly, of course. I still cry sometimes when things become a little overwhelming, school is starting for me soon, and recently he ran out of minutes on his phone, so we can't talk on the phone until it renews, we only text. But we're trying to make the best of it, and to be honest, I am not scared of being so far from him, or how long we will be apart, because I love him, and I know he loves me, and we've agreed to fight for each other for as long as we have to. This is my second LDR, and what I have realized in this whole adventure is that it's important that it is something you both want, you have to both want to talk things out when times are tough, stay in contact even when sometimes it is difficult. Things are never easy LD, but what keeps me going (and what my boyfriend always says) is that the time we spend apart is so short compared to the forever we get to spend together.
      started dating: 12/08/12
      "i love you": 04/12/13
      el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
      montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
      el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
      montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
      el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
      el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
      el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
      san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
      san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Every relationship is different and people view relationships differently. If he feels like spending a weekend together is "rushing" then you have to respect he doesn't feel ready for that yet. Hopefully he comes around in time

The first time my boyfriend and I met as romantic interests (we met once as just friends while both dating other people) we spent the night together, then I went to visit him for one week. We'll have weekend visits as much as possible and the longest we've gone without seeing each other is a month (I know I am VERY lucky that we've managed that). I've been living with him since May now and this is my last week with him - actually tomorrow is my last day at his place then we're driving back to my state - and we're both already falling apart. We don't want to say goodbye
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Thank you to everyone who commented. I think I am just going to see what happens. I do feel a lot more close to him now, after meeting him for the 2nd time. I will keep you updated with everything that is going on with me and James.

Lauren

Comment

Working...
          X