I'm a little worried...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens I'm a little worried...

My boyfriend Campbell and I are both going into High School this year. All this summer we haven't stopped talking to each other in some way (whether it be text, facetime, or phone call) for more than 12 hours apart from when he went off to camp for 2 weeks. Even then he called me every day after his 3 days without the phone were up.

Now High School is coming along and I'm worried. If we can't talk to each other as much during the day, what will happen? We have the same lunch time, but I have concert band during lunch and I won't be able to text him that much. He doesn't get out of school until 3:30, while I get out at 2:00.

And I'm sure I'm overreacting, but every day we send each other goodnight/morning texts, and his haven't seemed as heartfelt as they normally do. I really just wanna see him again, but I won't be able to until Oct., and that's not even set in stone. I miss him so much, and I know I say it over and over again but it just hurts and the past few days it sounded like he hasn't been missing me as much as I miss him. Our conversations have become boring and I kinda feel like I'm annoying him.

So I guess what I'm saying is, what tips do you have for high school, and what can I do to know he misses me too? I love him with all my heart, and I know he loves me too. I'm not worried that we'll break up, but I just miss hearing from him every second instead of these bouts of an hour between our texts.

If your conversations are becoming boring, don't be thinking of high school as a bad thing. It'll give you something to talk about after school and with the longer time apart he may start to show he misses you more.
    I'm going through the same thing with my boyfriend. We started our relationship when he finished school so I had him to myself every day. Now he's starting college I was worried he wouldn't have time for me so I talked to him about it, told him what was worrying me and he reassured me that there would always be time in his day for me.
    Just talk to your SO, tell him what's worrying you and I'm sure he'll understand.

Comment

If you know he loves you just as much as you love him, then you have nothing to worry about! I'm sure you're just overreacting, but if something is bothering you the best thing to do is talk to him about it. Once ya'll are both back in school it'll get easier because ya'll will both be keeping busy, and high school is a huge step. Have fun and don't worry about your boyfriend losing feelings for you. I'm sure he's just distracted with getting back into the swing of things. He misses you just as much as you miss him, so don't stress over it! Good luck this year and you'll be fine!

Comment

New things that are happening give you something to talk about! When I first started dating my SO, neither of us were working so we had all this free time to talk to each other and stay up late talking. 2 months into the relationship, we both started working full time, at the same time. The only difference was we couldn't stay up all night! You adjust to changes in your schedule, it's a lot easier than you think. I remember this exact feeling! Just don't worry and work out a new routine is all.

a gente se completa neste abraço

Comment

How long have you two been dating? It almost sounds like you're just out of the honeymoon phase of the relationship. Don't worry about high school, high school was awesome, even for someone as shy as me! Also, don't fret about not texting constantly, it will give you more to talk about when you can actually talk, and then your conversations won't feel as boring.

sigpic

Comment

I'm in the same situation as you apart from my boyfriend is a bit older than me so isn't in school. I'm in the uk so the way school works is a little different. But when my boyfriend was still in what we call secondary school, so like high school, we spoke almost all day everyday, texting. But we realised we need to give each other space to spend with our friends. Our friends are the ones there for us when we aren't together. We now have a rule that we text each other good morning every day and then don't text until my school day is over, unless we urgently need too. So from 9am to 4pm, we don't talk and he gets his time to himself.
            Oh and my boyfriends texts aren't as sweet as they use to be, when we first started seeing each other he was so sweet! But like someone else said, that is like the honeymoon phase. I think like boys aren't like girl generally, they don't show their feelings as much. My boyfriend when we are together always says to me that he loves me, even though he might not show it much. But it's just the way he is and I love him for him. Boys tend to be the Stronger ones when it comes to emotions.
            I know how you feel about seeing each other not being set in stone. But me and my boyfriend have done 4 months apart before and have got through it. As we normally are each other every 6 weeks!
            Just hang in there! Talk to him about how you feel! Decide on how things need to be, listen to what he wants and feels!
            In the end it will make you Stronger!
            Good luck I hope everything works out

Comment

Hey! I was in the exact same situation as you just a month ago, although my SO was already in high school and I was going to start attending it.

It sucks to get used to talking every single day then not being able to talk as often...I found that it was more a matter of getting used to it.

At first, I found myself worrying about the next time that we would be able to talk: not knowing when I could speak to him again worried the heck out of me. The solution was so simple: scheduling! Find a time that works for both of you (like the weekend). The whole week long, you'll be excited for it.

If he seems stressed, then be understanding. It sucks to have someone act that way to you, but getting used to high school is stressful. Eventually, you'll both get used to it.

I hope things go well for you both! Don't be afraid to leave a visitor message for me if you have any more questions.

Lori <3

Comment

Working...
              X