Could we be together again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Could we be together again?

Me and James broke up a few weeks ago. We didn't talk for a week, and then we started talking again. We agreed to try and work through our problems, and be honest with each other. We have spoke everyday since then for as long as we possibly can due to us both being at college now. We have spoke about a lot of things, and we have been honest with each other. At times, it just seems like we are together, when we are flirting with each other. It still feels like we have that chemistry, even though we aren't together. James has recently got a job, so he will be working most weekends. He said that at least he will have money to see me at some point, and he will make time for me no matter what. I am quite confused by the whole situation. I know that we are just friends, and we are trying to just be friends for now. I think he is scared to try again, in case things just go back to how they were. I keep trying to reassure him that they won't. I can't see us just being friends, we would either be together or be nothing to each other.

I just wondered if anyone has ever tried to be friends with their ex and either remained friends or got back together?
    Has anyone been in a similar situation.

Lauren

Hi Lauren! Sorry to hear you've been going through so much lately >_< Well, I've remained friends with all my exes ... Obviously there was an awkward period where we tried to avoid each other and acted like the other person didn't exist for a while ... but after a while, we both managed to put it all behind us and be friends. Pretty good friends actually. Once we got over the initial hurt and awkwardness, we were able to be friends again. We started off as friends, and we were pretty much able to go back the way we were before all the drama happened. So yes, I would say that it would be possible, so long as you can forgive each other and put the past behind you.

And as for that chemistry, it's kinda expected that it's still there! After all, that's what made you fall in love with each other in the first place! But what you're doing right now seems to be a good idea. Give each other some time, try to be friends and learn more about the other. If you really are meant to be, you will be. ^_^ The more you understand about each other, the better you'll get along.

Good luck, I hope things work out for you. Stay strong. And remember, just because someone can't be your S.O, it doesn't mean that they can't be your anything. You don't have to cut them out of your life if you don't want to. If you need to chat more, feel free to PM me! *hugs*

Comment

Thank you for the advice. Maybe we are better off as friends, but I guess we will know in time.

Comment

Originally posted by laurenandjames9 View Post
        Thank you for the advice. Maybe we are better off as friends, but I guess we will know in time.
        You're very welcome. I hope everything goes well for you. No matter what happens in the end, I hope the both of you will be happy. Maybe it is as you say and you're meant to be friends, but maybe being friends will bring you closer and bring you together once again in the end. Don't write anything off right now, anything can happen, and if it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. I know it'll be hard for you right now, but hold on! *big hugs*

Comment

Working...
        X