This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Advice/help

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I am hoping for some advice. Me and my SO have been in a relationship for 4 months now. To start with everything was amazing and even though we never met during the summer holidays, we still had a really good one. But during this, she went on holiday for 2 weeks and we spoke a little but not as much. But now she has came back, we haven't actually spoken properly since then. We still type and say I love you every night but it's not the same as I don't hear her saying it. Another thing is that there is another person who she contacts regularly and he tells her that he loves her, I'm not jealous as I know she has a lot of male friends but she still talks to him, should I be worried?

Certainly not a situation that you want to be in. I personally would not be comfortable with someone else telling my boyfriend they loved him. Does she talk to him more than you? This might be a stupid question, but does she consider you two to be exclusive, have you had a 'relationship' talk? Maybe she just doesn't see relationships the way you do. Tell her that you would really love to be able to spend more time with her. But keep in mind it may not be possible, she may be busy with school/work/etc. And sorry to say it and you probably don't want to hear it, but it may even be possible she is losing interest. But don't jump to conclusions. Have a talk with her about it. Just ask for an hour of her time and bring it up. You're in a relationship, communication is very important. That's just about all I can say, it's difficult with the very few details that you have given.
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Depends on how he means the "I love yous." At the beginning of my relationship I was very clear to my boyfriend that I had a few male friends I said "love you!" to in a completely platonic way. These are guys that I have been friends with for years, that I have "grown up" with during my teen years, and we say "love you" in a completely and clearly platonic way. My boyfriend understood that you can have different kinds of love for different people and so doesn't mind - so again, I would reserve judgment until you've talked to her about it and the nature of her relationship with this guy. If he is in love with her and she hasn't shut him down yet, then yeah, I would be worried.

Since you still type to her, have you suggested calling so you can hear her voice? Maybe she's just shy to mention it?
      So, here you are
      too foreign for home
      too foreign for here.
      Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
      X