Is it wrong to feel envious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Is it wrong to feel envious?

I keep seeing all these posts of a girl who I'm friends with and her boyfriend and all these things they do together, and a bunch of drawings he gave to her for her birthday (today). Is it wrong that I'm feeling envious of them? I mean, I'm happy that she's so happy in her relationship, but I just can't help but envy their situation. Especially considering they were able to spend her birthday together, and I don't know if I'll be able to see my SO for our birthdays.

It's just.. Aghhhh! I miss him like crazy. I just want to be able to see him on a regular basis, and not have to wait so long to see him. Urgh.

I know I'm just being petty and silly, but It's not easy. X_X Sorry for ranting at y'all.

I personally feel like it's okay to feel a little bit envious, but don't let it take over your life or make you become bitter. Just be thankful for your relationship and look forward to all the moments you will have with your SO when the time comes. You will cherish those moments probably more than they ever will. Be thankful you get that opportunity. I know how you feel. But look on the bright side.

Best wishes to you
    started dating: 12/08/12
    "i love you": 04/12/13
    el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
    montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
    el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
    montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
    el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
    el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
    el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
    san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
    san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

I don't think it's wrong to feel envious. I think it's just a normal part of being in a long distance relationship. I know I see other couples sometimes and it just makes me want to have my SO right there by my side. I think the problem arises when you focus on it too much and it starts to develop issues in your own relationship, like your SO feeling as though they're not adequate enough for you in their current position, like they're not giving you enough for you to be happy. I think it's always really important to remember that just like you, they're also going through the exact same thing and they probably feel the same way some days too. Just focus on the positives in your relationship, think about how you get to know your SO on such a different level to a lot of other couples, and how much you'll appreciate any time you get to spend with them much more than most other couples too!

Comment

Thank you guys! You've been most helpful! <3

Comment

Working...
        X