Should I trust him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Should I trust him?

So the other day I was talking to my friend about boys and she new this boy that lived in Australia. She thought the two of us would be a super cute couple. I decided the before committing to a relationship, I would get to know him. Since he is from
    Australia and I am from the states, we couldn't text because our phones don't cover such long difference space we decided to snap-chat. He told me he was 14 and I am 13. Our first 3 hours or so of constant snap-chats we didn't show our faces. I was the first one and he followed behind with a photo of himself. At first I was 99% sure he was older than 14 but he "promised" me that we had indeed 14. A week into the relationship he told me that there was something important that I needed to know and he told me he was 17. Ya I was disappointed that he lied to me but I told him it was okay. Deep down inside I don't know if I can ever trust him again because for all I know he could be lying about anything. We are about 9445.77 miles away from one another. This has been worrying me. What should I do? Break up with him, confront him?

I don't think you are in a relationship because you've sent a few snaps. I'd say cut your loses, you haven't invested anything in to this yet to be making exceptions to lying.

Comment

I agree with snow. Also, I happen to think there is a BIG difference between 13 and 17. He should be nearing college age and you are barley in high school. That fact tat he lied to make your more comfortable sending him pictures, doesn't sit right with me.

Cut your losses and try dating people your own age.
      "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Whoa there. I totally agree with the above posters. Please be careful OP

Comment

Agreed wholeheartedly. I mean this seriously when I say this: He lied to you once, and you said it was okay. But he shouldn't have lied to you. This is deep. Even if he's not going to lie to you again, he did it the first time - he's treated you very meanly then, since lying is... well, it's not a good thing.

Comment

I just want to remind you to stay safe and that cat fishing is a very real thing. Cat-fishing (if you're not familiar) is when people pretend to be someone they aren't online because there's no proof to say that they're lying. They can lie about age, name, anything and they try to get you to trust them. Sometimes they are just seeking an emotional connection, sometimes they use that information against you. I'm not saying he is trying to do this, but be aware that it is a possibility and be VERY careful.

Comment

According to truth -seeking op's profile she is 17, while claiming in the thread to be 13... Regardless of age, you are too inexperienced to date people in this fashion. Trust should be earned.
              Last edited by differentcountries; January 23, 2014, 01:07 PM.
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

That's a huge gap both age and maturity wise. I'd say break up because he wasn't honest with you in the first place and stick to dating closer to your age for a little while longer while the maturity gap closes.

Comment

Working...
                X