Problems Arising...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Problems Arising...

Hello, I am currently in an international relationship, he is 18 and I'm 17. We had met online, and have been good friends for 6 months, and a couple for 3 months. Recently we have started planning for him to come out and see me, but there is one issue... His parents keep bringing him down, and making him unsure. Not only is it making him unsure about seeing me, but also whether or not him and I should even be together. This is all because they think us being together is ridiculous, because we live so far apart, and don't think that it's worth it, or they think that long distance relationships don't work. It also seems that I keep getting mixed signals from his parents because they know I want to move there for college(next year), and seem happy and accepting about it. Yet they think it's a bad idea for him to come and see me. Which the whole reason why we are planning for him to come out here is to make sure that we would work in person before I make any big moves.(Though I believe we would be perfectly fine.)

Basically... I am just wondering if there is any way we could reassure his parents, and maybe some tips to make him feel better or to pick him back up, because right now he truly doesn't know what to do because he has no support, and it is truly scaring me.

Side note: He lives in New Zealand and I live in California.

hmmm. my boyfriends parents thought are relationship was ridiculous kept telling him to just leave itand then they actual skyped with me a few times and got to know me(be yourself) after another week or two
    they didn't bother him anymore. He and I have been planning for him to come down in the summer, however he has not told his parents, but they are letting him go where hed like to go. Anyways, maybe try skyping with his parents and him or even talking, if they get know you then maybe they would lighten up and at least acknowledge the fact you two are making this relationship work and give advice.

He lives 3 miles from wales.
    I live near the valley of oregon

Comment

Sorry it has taken so long for me to reply, but we had took that advice and tried getting his parents to talk on Skype which they both had said hello and everything. Which it seems they are more comfortable to be seen in the webcam now than they were before, but it seems like his mom is still uneasy about him going. Though we both agree it is his decision, though they may not like what he decides.(If he actually decides to come) Just wanted to thank you, and hope you are well.

Comment

I am happy to hear about that

Comment

Working...
        X