Meeting my SO with a big dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Meeting my SO with a big dilemma

So me and my SO were planning to meet in June 2014 for the first time for two weeks. I have decided to go with my friend and her bf to Spain as it will be safer and I haven't told my parents yet

The situation has changed when her bf suggested two weeks is a long time for the first meet, and it would get very awkward. I am aware about not telling my parents I am meeting him. However, if I do tell them, they won't let me go to him. Simple because they will think, I am stupid and say it's not real and that you can't trust men on the internet.

The situation becomes worse when my friend an..d her bf suggested only 4 days is enough for the first meet. This is because it will be enough to know, if he is the right person. It made me really sad....

If i tell my parents they will feel he is a creep. He hardly knows much English so communicating to my parents will be tough. I will be grateful for all the advice I get. I really need help and i can't go to anyone but this forum
    Last edited by PikaRee; February 6, 2014, 12:33 PM.
    Met online on the 11 October 2013
    Planning to meet personally in Spain on the 16th June 2014

your a grownup girl and going on holliday with friends is actually very smart, i met my so for 2 weeks and thought it was to short lol
    if it doesnt click you dont need to see him more its not like your staying at his place

and you can tell your parents that the risk of him beeing a creap is just as big as dancing in a bar with a rapist, who say's that is so safe..... i hope you understand where i am going to.
    and taking your friends along to back you up is smart
    just be honest to them your supose to be a adult

Comment

I agree. You are adult, so act like one. Tell your parents you are going on holiday with your friends and as a part of it you are gonna meet this guy, who is special for you. I know it is hard you would only have so little time, but I would still think it is better to meet and spend 4 days together than nothing. Good luck

Comment

The problem is if I tell my parents I am meeting a guy, they will never let me go. They think I am naive and won't trust me again
        Met online on the 11 October 2013
        Planning to meet personally in Spain on the 16th June 2014

Comment

Ok....so don't tell them. You are an adult. You are going on vacation with friends. End of story. Why do you have to tell them who you are meeting when you get there? And why do you have to leave after four days. Why can't you just stay after your friends leave?
          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

I am not a teen, but I am a mother of one.

If you wish to be treated as an adult, act like one. Your parents will start to think of you as less naive and you will begin to become more comfortable making these decisions for yourself. Tell them you are an adult and this is want you are going to do, stop worrying about whether or not they trust you, earn it. Tell them the truth instead of sneaking around like a child would.

Children grab cookies from the platter when their parents aren't looking. Adults walk up to them, say Hi, take one, get some milk to go with it, have a conversation while eating the cookie and then say thank you for the cookie. It is time for you to take your cookie.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X