I'm really confused..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens I'm really confused..

Okay so I've been with my ldr boyfriend for almost two years now, and I found out he's been lying to me all this time about telling his family about me. And I wouldn't be so upset about it if this was his first time lying but hes lied about other things. It upsets me even more because he expected me to tell my family about him (which I did) but he hasn't done the same in return. He's lied about past relationships, talking to a girl that tried to break us up, things he's told his friends about me, reasons for being unable to call and skype and just stupid things. And it hurts even more because he would've continued lying if I hadn't caught him lying to me during a fight. And I just don't know if its time to breakup with him because I've given him more than enough chances. He says we can fix it but every time I think about it I get upset all over again.
    Last edited by ToTheDregs; February 23, 2014, 02:16 AM. Reason: cuz.

First of all, welcome in here This thing is tough. Personally I hate liars and to find out my bf was not being honest with me for so long time in so many things ... The decision if to break up or not is ultimately up to you, but in any case he needs to understand he canīt just make fool of you and you need to be able to trust him. Good luck and keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by ToTheDregs View Post
      Okay so I've been with my ldr boyfriend for almost two years now, and I found out he's been lying to me all this time about telling his family about me. And I wouldn't be so upset about it if this was his first time lying but hes lied about other things. It upsets me even more because he expected me to tell my family about him (which I did) but he hasn't done the same in return. He's lied about past relationships, talking to a girl that tried to break us up, things he's told his friends about me, reasons for being unable to call and skype and just stupid things. And it hurts even more because he would've continued lying if I hadn't caught him lying to me during a fight. And I just don't know if its time to breakup with him because I've given him more than enough chances. He says we can fix it but every time I think about it I get upset all over again.
      That's what im unsure about..he says he's really sorry and wont lie again and "needs me" and how things will be better. I want to believe him and part of me does, but I can't get over this and I just feel so dumb cuz I've been lied to about such things but someone I thought I could trust. And I've stayed with him through everything.

Comment

At this point I think it's best you take a step back and think about this. Can you move past him lying to you? Can you trust him again? These are both really important things to consider if you want to continue this relationship.

I was in a situation a little like this about a month or two ago where my boyfriend had lied about something that I told him not to do, but he did anyway, and a few other little things. We had a couple long talks about these events, there were lots of tears (from both of us, actually) and in the end he understood how bad it hurt me and that it was wrong of him. I forgave him, and I chose to trust him again. So far, things are going good.

However every situation is different and it really depends on the both of you and how you decide to deal with it. Good luck to you, and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask
        started dating: 12/08/12
        "i love you": 04/12/13
        el paso: 07/24/13 - 08/05/13
        montreal: 12/13/13 - 01/03/14
        el paso: 01/05/14 - 01/19/14
        montreal: 05/30/14 - 07/27/14
        el paso: 07/27/14 - 08/18/14
        el paso: 12/27/14 - 01/16/15
        el paso: 06/02/15 - 08/17/15
        san antonio: 02/04/16 - 02/08/16
        san antonio/el paso: 06/03/16 - 06/21/16

Comment

Originally posted by alittlemind View Post
          At this point I think it's best you take a step back and think about this. Can you move past him lying to you? Can you trust him again? These are both really important things to consider if you want to continue this relationship.

I was in a situation a little like this about a month or two ago where my boyfriend had lied about something that I told him not to do, but he did anyway, and a few other little things. We had a couple long talks about these events, there were lots of tears (from both of us, actually) and in the end he understood how bad it hurt me and that it was wrong of him. I forgave him, and I chose to trust him again. So far, things are going good.

However every situation is different and it really depends on the both of you and how you decide to deal with it. Good luck to you, and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask
          Thank you for replying. He told his mum yesterday. At first he lied and told her I asked him out today (which really pissed me off because I felt as if he completely invalidated the whole two years we spent together) but, after I kinda spazzed he told her how long we've been together and she was completely fine with it all..so I guess what I'm saying is that I've decided to give him yet another chance and I'm not totally over it but yeah thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
          X