Waiting for her?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Waiting for her?

A couple of days ago, I told my best friend Amanda how I felt about her. We met over a chat site called Chatango almost two years ago. A few months after we met, she confessed that she liked me, and I had liked her then as well, but I couldn't date her because I was still messed up over my ex, and after that relationship went south, I decided I didn't want to date behind my parents' backs again (I'm not allowed to date until I'm in college). She understood, yet my feelings for her never truly left. They just..were hidden, for lack of a better wording. I tried moving on, liking other people. But my feelings for her were always there, even when I supposedly fell in love with my other best friend, Eylin. The love was technically unrequited, she had a boyfriend and I didn't want to be a threat to their relationship if I could even be posed as such, so I moved on. We're still best friends regardless.

I told Amanda about this a couple of days ago. Her response when I mentioned wanting to have her was "Well you can..but not now either..I'm not ready." She pretty much just got out of a relationship, she and her boyfriend broke up, got back together and he cheated on her. Since then, she's been having depression symptoms. I still have a year and a half to go before I can honestly date. And even then, I'm not sure if my family will be accepting of an LDR. They made me stop all communication with them a while ago, I had to deactivate and delete everything, Facebook, Twitter, even my Youtube account, however my dad let me get them back. They don't exactly know we still talk though. I'm in New York and she's in New Jersey, so going to see her wouldn't be too hard as long as I had means of transportation. We've already planned that we'd meet at her sweet sixteen. She's 14 turning 15 in July. I'm 16 turning 17 in March. However that's a matter to think more about later..

She said she wasn't ready, and I said I wasn't quite ready myself. I love her, however I have things of my own I need to take care of. My parents are stressing me out with their arguments, and I need to get my grades up more so I can get into a good college. We pretty much went back to being best friends as if this never really happened. But, would waiting for her be worth it? There isn't exactly a guarantee that this is all going to work out. However I'm still willing to wait. What should I do?
    Last edited by Maximum212; February 23, 2014, 06:20 PM.

I think you should wait for her but don't really commit if you both aren't ready nor can you be in a relationship if its against your parents wishes and you seem to respect their wishes a lot. Best of luck
    Would you mind answering my thread?

Comment

Working...
    X