A little confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens A little confused

Alright so I'm a first year Uni student and a girl I like online is actually in the 10th grade. We have a lot in common and I honestly think she's my dream girl: pretty, athletic, a gamer girl too. It's just, I like her a lot and as I feel she's too young for me to date atm, perhaps I should wait? I mean I don't think she likes me back yet, but given a couple years maybe she will. If she does, how would we meet up and would it be best if we met up after she turned 18?

Has this ever worked out anyways? So new to long distance relationships. We met on an online forum and we stepped up to skype where we converse regularly. I just hope she isn't weirded out by all this. I mean I'm 3 years older than her too. Is this all just wishful thinking or will it come out the way I expect?

Thanks a lot everyone!

Okay I'll answer one question at a time.

(I'm probably going to be among the few with this opinion)
    Is she too young for you to date? No she isn't, as long as you keep the relationship PG, by that I mean no sexually explicit pictures or Skype sessions, if you do meet no kissing or sexual activity.

Should you wait? If you feel like dating her while she is 15-16 is something you feel is wrong then wait, if you feel like you can't avoid sucumming to your perfectly normal sexual appetite then wait. If you feel like you can love her for her without pressuring her for sex, allow her room to grow and experience teenage-hood, trust her when she goes out without you then I don't see the problem.

Has this ever worked out? Yes of course, that's why this whole forum is here. We've all made this work, if you're referring to the age gap that also can work. I was 15 when I started dating my boyfriend who was 20 at the time and we've been going at it successfully for almost 5 years.

Is it wishful thinking/are you weirding her out? No for both of those questions. If you were weirding her out she wouldn't be talking to you or skyping with you so much. Is it wishful thinking? Of course not, if you want to find out how she feels about you you should ask her, you'll never know otherwise, for all you know she's feeling the same way you are.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Thank you so much. No I could definitely wait for her. I'm not a fan of objectifying women and I pride myself on being a gentleman, so I'd never pressure her to have sex.

I'd rather not have any bad run-ins with the law either. She lives about 1000 miles away and I was thinking that when her Prom comes up, I could be her date. But that's all if it works out. Right now I don't want to rush things and ruin our friendship, but you have given me a lot of hope.

Do you have any ideas on how to kind of get closer or should I just continue talking with her via Skype? We haven't faced to faced yet also and I don't want to push it on her so quickly after I initiated voice chat (two days ago).

Thanks a lot!
      Last edited by Furoris; April 22, 2014, 01:28 PM. Reason: Thanks you so much...wow lol

Comment

I don't think age gaps really matter, though of course, it does depend on the ages! I'm 18 and my gf is 23, so there's a 5 year difference between us, but it never really feels like that... if you have similar maturity levels and have things in common and have great conversations, I don't think there's any reason why an age gap should matter. Of course, you do have to make sure all your interactions with her are appropriate because of her age, but it sounds like you're aware of that

Comment

Originally posted by Furoris View Post
          Thank you so much. No I could definitely wait for her. I'm not a fan of objectifying women and I pride myself on being a gentleman, so I'd never pressure her to have sex.

I'd rather not have any bad run-ins with the law either. She lives about 1000 miles away and I was thinking that when her Prom comes up, I could be her date. But that's all if it works out. Right now I don't want to rush things and ruin our friendship, but you have given me a lot of hope.

Do you have any ideas on how to kind of get closer or should I just continue talking with her via Skype? We haven't faced to faced yet also and I don't want to push it on her so quickly after I initiated voice chat (two days ago).

Thanks a lot!
          Well I think you have a great attitude about the whole thing, it's okay to be nervous but just be yourself.

I think the prom date idea is really good, her friends will be around and it'll be a public setting so there's less pressure on both your ends, although I do think you should plan a meet up before the prom date just so that you guys will be able to work out all the first meeting jitters, I know when I met my SO I was so much of a nervous wreck at first all I could focus on was him haha.

I think right now the best course of action is just to keep talking to her, I know you don't want to ruin your friendship but maybe if you try to steer the conversation in a more flirty way, if she isn't already, she'll start to pick up on the fact that you like her. Or if flirting makes you uncomfortable you should just have a serious talk with her about your feelings. Just say things like you know it might be a bit fast but you really feel a connection and that if she felt the same way you'd be interested in pursuing a relationship.

Notes:
          Met: 8.17.09
          Started Dating: 8.20.09
          First Met: 10.2.10
          Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I don't think you should wait until she turn 18, age really don't matter you should go and ask her now only. What if she gets somebody in between these years then you will miss the chance. So just go and tell all your feelings to her let her know what you fell for her just don't assume that she doesn't like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sora1101 View Post
              Well I think you have a great attitude about the whole thing, it's okay to be nervous but just be yourself.

I think the prom date idea is really good, her friends will be around and it'll be a public setting so there's less pressure on both your ends, although I do think you should plan a meet up before the prom date just so that you guys will be able to work out all the first meeting jitters, I know when I met my SO I was so much of a nervous wreck at first all I could focus on was him haha.

I think right now the best course of action is just to keep talking to her, I know you don't want to ruin your friendship but maybe if you try to steer the conversation in a more flirty way, if she isn't already, she'll start to pick up on the fact that you like her. Or if flirting makes you uncomfortable you should just have a serious talk with her about your feelings. Just say things like you know it might be a bit fast but you really feel a connection and that if she felt the same way you'd be interested in pursuing a relationship.
              Originally posted by youngisthan View Post
              I don't think you should wait until she turn 18, age really don't matter you should go and ask her now only. What if she gets somebody in between these years then you will miss the chance. So just go and tell all your feelings to her let her know what you fell for her just don't assume that she doesn't like you.
              Thank you, I'm really glad you guys understand. I told my friends actually and they laughed at me in the beginning but they're like, "Dude, if she's that great, what's stopping you?"

I think I will be a little more flirtatious and if she gets the message, I'll see how it goes from there. Thanks a lot, and sorry for the late reply, I got real busy the past couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
              X