Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Get Upset Easily, Really Worry, Always Miss

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I have been dating for about 5 months and a week now. I have been getting upset easily a lot lately. Just I get really worried about her and the stuff she does. I found out that she hardly wears her seatbelt and I talked to her about that and now she wears it most of the time. Then I found out about her parents going on little trips with her on the motorcycle sometimes and I got soooooo worried motorcycles scare me and now she talked to her parents about it and told them she doesn't like it and she knows how I feel and she says she would worry a ton if I did too. But I tell her that I don't want to take the fun out of her life or anything but she insists that it's okay she knows that i worry about her.

My parents are really strict with talking to her but her parents don't mind at all. My parents don't let me text her until 6 everyday after school and that's only if I have all of my chores and homework done. And then I can only call her every other day for 30 min on weekdays and once a weekend for an hour. It seems like we hardly talk to me and I always miss her and worry about her. Everytime I call I get in trouble because I can't stay within the time limits I really try too but even if I just go a few minutes over I get grounded off for next time. She says she loves having me to miss and I love having her to miss too but sometimes i just really want to talk to her and I get upset with my parents.

I get really really worried about her a lot. I always get upset when she tells me about stuff happening like a kid threatened to kill someone at her school or like she is at this relay for life thing tonight and I am upset that i can't be there and really worried about her getting some sleep and people treating her right and having fun and being safe and not getting cold. And then like people sometimes treat her bad at school and I told her to just tell them to stop treating you badly and being nasty because you do nothing wrong and she finally did and the girl apologized. But I get really worried about her having a good day and people treating her right and stuff. Just it is so hard to explain. And then sometimes i get jealous of other people seeing her each day and me not knowing how she is at school and like her hanging out with her friends and I just I really wish I was there and it upsets me.

Sorry some of that might not of made sense but it's really late and I'm staying up talking to her while she is at the Relay for Life and they don't go to sleep they stay up until 6 and then go home.

But I have some questions.....
    -How do I stop myself from worrying so much about her?
    -How do I not get upset about all of these little things?
    -Why do I get upset so easily?
    -Why do I constantly worry about all of the little things in her life? Why do I have problems about knowing about stuff happening in her life?
    -What do I do when I get upset about missing her and worrying about her?
    -How do I stop myself from getting jealous of the people around her?
    -Is there anything that I am doing wrong? Are all of these problems because I talk to her too much?
    -What can I do to help myself?

I'm sorry some of these questions might be so stupid and impossible to answer I'm really sorry. There is just so much to say and I miss her everyday. I just I need help I really do I keep getting upset so easily and I try to calm myself down and sometimes i get really worked up and say really stupid things but she understands. Just I worry about her so much and i don't know what to do if I can't be there it upsets me that I can't be there for her. Especially with my parents being so strict. We never fight at all but sometimes she upsets me a little bit. I always tell her about how I feel in every single way but she doesn't seem to the same way I do like I tell her when I am really worried. I know that I can wait for her, she is worth waiting for I will always wait for her. And I just care about her and trust her more than anyone else. She is the only one I trust. I just love her so much. Please help me

Okay, I know you care about this girl, but you NEED to calm down. It's normal to worry about your boyfriend/girlfriend a little when you know something is going on--stress, family problems, etc, but there is no point in worrying about her day-to-day things. It doesn't do anything but cause yourself stress. You need to breathe and let her live her life. There's no point in worrying about her. I'm sure she can handle things just fine Take a step back and calm down. I worry about my SO when I know he's going through a lot of stress with work and school, (and when he drives with little no to sleep), but other than that, I let him go about his day without batting an eye at what he's doing. I know he can handle himself fine (usually) and that there is no point in worrying. It only causes unnecessary stress. If something is wrong and your girlfriend feels like she needs support, she'll turn to you and you just need to be there for her. But in the meantime, back off a little and trust that she can handle everything fine

Comment

Amen to RachelAnne.

Sometimes, people need some room to breathe! I understand that you care about your GF, but I think she might appreciate it more if you backed off a little bit. Let her come to you

Comment

Originally posted by RachelAnne View Post
        Okay, I know you care about this girl, but you NEED to calm down. It's normal to worry about your boyfriend/girlfriend a little when you know something is going on--stress, family problems, etc, but there is no point in worrying about her day-to-day things. It doesn't do anything but cause yourself stress. You need to breathe and let her live her life. There's no point in worrying about her. I'm sure she can handle things just fine Take a step back and calm down. I worry about my SO when I know he's going through a lot of stress with work and school, (and when he drives with little no to sleep), but other than that, I let him go about his day without batting an eye at what he's doing. I know he can handle himself fine (usually) and that there is no point in worrying. It only causes unnecessary stress. If something is wrong and your girlfriend feels like she needs support, she'll turn to you and you just need to be there for her. But in the meantime, back off a little and trust that she can handle everything fine
        Okay thank you so much for the advice. I needed it, my parents aren't exactly too supportive of this relationship but her parents are. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X