Confused & Lovesick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Confused & Lovesick

Okay I'm in love with a boy from my hometown (which is 8 hours/2 states away from where I know)....We both just graduated Junior year in high school (and are homeschooled). Up until August 2012 we were both going to the same church & causally hanging out in the same small group of 4 friends. People say he likes me, but after 6 years of knowing each other he hasn't said anything....I want to know very badly if he does or not....I am a super outgoing person except for now. I feel too shy/nervous to ask him how he feels or tell him how I do. His dad is a Baptist pastor and my dad is a preacher so we both live very guarded lives....(I don't want to tell him and have his parents freak out)...Right now we just Skype and talk on the phone as friends with our siblings in the room... I just keep thinking he wouldn't want to call/Skype just to talk to my 9 year little brother right? Idk...what do I do? Someone help me please!!

Originally posted by 500miles2far View Post
    Okay I'm in love with a boy from my hometown (which is 8 hours/2 states away from where I know)....We both just graduated Junior year in high school (and are homeschooled). Up until August 2012 we were both going to the same church & causally hanging out in the same small group of 4 friends. People say he likes me, but after 6 years of knowing each other he hasn't said anything....I want to know very badly if he does or not....I am a super outgoing person except for now. I feel too shy/nervous to ask him how he feels or tell him how I do. His dad is a Baptist pastor and my dad is a preacher so we both live very guarded lives....(I don't want to tell him and have his parents freak out)...Right now we just Skype and talk on the phone as friends with our siblings in the room... I just keep thinking he wouldn't want to call/Skype just to talk to my 9 year little brother right? Idk...what do I do? Someone help me please!!
    I am also a pastor's kid. I was in a situation like this once when I was 16 and my family moved us. It didn't work out. We both ended up getting hurt. I was uncessarily unhappy. I think staying friends is definetly a good idea with a friendship that old. Just see if anything goes from there in time and enjoy being your age. You both will change so much in the next couple years. The guy I was talking to then is now a deadbeat pothead with a bunch of tattoos and no job. I am an atheist who doesn't want kids and about to graduate with a degree I never knew at your age I would want. The more sheltered you are growing up the more likely you are to change.

So to sum up, my advice: stay friends, enjoy being your age.

Comment

I couldn't agree more with nottheprincesspeach.
      Enjoy being sixteen, stay friends and see where it leads.
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Thanks to both of you! I will take that advice to heart! I've heard the best relationships start off as friendships, so maybe it'll all work! I'll keep posting updates....

Comment

Working...
        X