Secrets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Secrets?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over nine months and things were going great until about a month ago.
    A month ago he stopped calling me completely and the texting has reduced by a lot. His texting has gotten shorter and snippy and when I ask him if something is wrong he gets defensive.
    I love my boyfriend a lot but I can't deal with the feeling that he is hiding something. How do I talk to him about it without offending him. I just want to help him.

No offense, but what if he doesn't want help?
    There is a reason he is acting this way, I wouldn't beat around the Bush. Be direct and ask him if something is wrong.
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

You make a good point however I know something is bothering him and he's usually a really easy going guy and it just has me worried. As for asking him directly, I tried but he changed the subject. I just want to know if I should be worried or not.

Comment

I would be, yes. As a girlfriend he can tell you what's bothering him.
        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

I'd just like to say that sometimes, when people get stressed out about something, they shut others out. Its not always intentionally either. So he could just be stressed out about something that may not be related to you or your relationship at all. And he might not know how to tell you about whatever it is stressing him out. Try not to worry about it too much because it will make it harder for you. Just go with the flow and if he talks to you about it that's great, if not don't try to push him. And I could be wrong about it completely, I just know that is how both me and my boyfriend get when we are stressed out about something.

However if the lack of communication and his short replies are really bothering, try asking him if there is anyway you two can talk more. But again, don't try to force him to talk to you more.

Comment

I agree with the above. I have a lot of friends who tend to separate themselves from everyone when they're stressed about something. Give it a while, but eventually he should come around. If not, you definitely need to voice your concerns. He owes you something eventually.

Comment

Working...
            X