5000 miles away ;(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens 5000 miles away ;(

My boyfriends name is marius and we met when he came to my school as a foreign exchange student from Germany. I originally told myself i wasnt going to fall for him because of the distance, but we both liked eachother and we didnt want to have any regrets, and thank god we started dating<3 we are completely in love and hes been gone gone for two months now, and he will be gone for two years ;(. I wont get to go to prom with him... or homecoming.. Which sucks. We are supposed to meet back after we graduate in New York to go to college together. He wants to move here and become a citizen, but what if he gets here and we break up? I miss him so much sometimes all i can feel is the absence of his presence. I dont think this is stupid high school puppy love, i think hes the one. Any advice? How do i cope with missing him?

You cope the way all of us do, by staying in contact as much as you can, and by staying busy with your own life, doing things you enjoy, spending time with friends and family, and keeping up with your education. Also, for your own good, try not to worry about the "What IFs" that your mind comes up with. Nobody knows the future, and nobody can control it. Enjoy what you have now with him, and don't worry about the future.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

Yes, carry on with activities and socializing with friends and family. I hope you'll have a great support system with the people in your life, everyone on this forum is here for support as well. I find the more involved I am with school, work, and activities, the days go more quickly. Keep connected with video chat, messaging, phone calls, etc. and communicate with your SO how often you both talk. I have the sad moments or days, too, when all that comes to mind is the distance and not being physically together, I let those times happen because sometimes a good cry is what is needed but I try not to dwell on what we won't get to do together and instead be happy for the awesome relationship we have. Look at the Gifts and Love Letter sections on the LFAD forum, things like love letters through the mail, care packages, and other little ideas are great for keeping each other in mind and telling your SO you love him (him to you, as well).
      When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
      no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Working...
      X