Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Do I start this LDR?

Going to keep this brief:

We met at a summer camp sort of thing last week, and clicked as soon as we met. We kind of had this little friendship group thing with about 10 of us, and we were all together for pretty much all of the time, but he and I in particular were constantly together.

We had to say goodbye 3 days ago and it was horrible. It was hard saying goodbye to everyone, but especially him. Yeah I did cry... shut up
    Later that night, he sent me a text saying that he felt bad about how close we got, considering he has a girlfriend, and that he felt much more comfortable around me than her. Obviously, I had to say that it was holiday fever and as soon as he saw her again it would go away. I couldn't agree!

This morning, he's decided he's going to break up with her when he next sees her in a few days, for a number of reasons. We agreed to meet again in October, probably with other people from summer. He then told me that his friend is seeing a girl who lives miles away and they're working out really well. Nice little hint there, I think...

So now I'm here, looking for advice and help. I do care about him and miss him so much. I know LDR's can't be easy... but it's only 101 miles... do you think this could work?

LFAD is full of people who have made it work, even people who had a distance greater than yours. If two people want it enough, there is no reason this LDR cannot work..
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

If you think you can't bare being apart then yes start it. I'm glad your potential SO is ending things with his current gf before things get really messy with that as he has feelings for you and it'd be unfair on her for him to keep leading her on like that.

Like I said in my PM, if you ever need any advise (as we're both in Cornwall) in regards to coping with the distance or needing someone to talk to, just ask remember communication is the key to success in LDR and positive thinking!

Good luck

Comment

As an update... we're going to try and meet up in a few weeks, but it's going to be difficult to do... I guess you could say we are unofficially together right now. We'll see what happens when we get to see each other again!

Comment

That's great! I hope it all works out!! Best of luck

Comment

If 101 miles are all thats in the way, go for it. Its better to try than not. And you are on a site of supportive people that are making it work, have made it work, and still are.
            Go. Go for it.

Comment

Working...
            X