Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Dating online but never meeting?

Hey guys!

Curious if anybody might be willing to share stories about relationships they're maintaining exclusively online? I've been looking into stories like this lately and it really fascinates me.

If you're dating someone online, when do you decide it's finally time to meet?

-Ian

While I wont post my story I will answer your question.

For every couple its different. Young teen couples have money and age difficulties and usually meet as soon as possible. Adult relationships also try to meet early on most of the time, but family issues and money can get in the way.

For me, its the fact that I am 17 and my bf is 20. While my dad is super supportive, my mother isnt. And we dont want to take any risks with him coming here. Money is also a bit of an issue simply because travel expenses are high. But when I am 18 (April of 2015) I will visit him and stay for a bit.

Comment

My fiance and I met up online and decided after about 3 months that we want to meet up soon and after 10 months we finally did. It is different for every couple.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Well my bf and I have been in a relationship for 2 months, and we've pretty much made it clear that we both wish to meet. The issue is he's 17 and i'm 21, and his parents aren't supportive of a LDR. We've been talking about meeting around December (he turn 18 in October), so we could spend the holidays together.

We had a big argument last week about exactly this. Up until now, I had thought he was reluctant to tell his parents about us (obviously once he is 18) because they'd be mad. It didn't make sense to me that he would be so against it only because they'd get mad. Until (in our argument) he told me he couldn't tell them about us even when he is 18 because he can guarantee he will not have a home anymore. Honestly, it kind of broke my heart.

We have a really strong relationship (even though we've been together for only 2 months) and our communication is pretty solid. It hurts us so much to just think of how much we just want to be together. But for the time being, we'll have to settle for Skype calls (which are not very often) and playing games together. I'm not going to risk him losing his house because his parents don't approve of me.

Comment

Different for every couple, which after all the replies doesn't sound very insightful, but it's what it is.

Here's a new insight, though. I'd say the sooner the better! And here's why:

There is a plethora of things you can't sense or know about a person online. So, say you seem to have a certain affinity with someone and you drag it on and on and on and then you meet and suddenly you realize you don't "click".. you may feel like you wasted your time and you may feel frustrated . So, that's not always the case but it does happen. So, I'd say once you zero in on the fact that there is affinity and there could be something there, go for it. Meet, and see. If there is in fact chemistry, then you'll be more at peace during the long distance periods knowing there is REAL, PALPABLE chemistry.

So, in short, ASAP!

Comment

It took us until the week of our two year anniversary to meet. My family was supportive and his was too, especially since they had been really curious about me for a while. Jobs was the only issue for us. I was in school all week and having trouble finding a job and he is in a small town so jobs are rare. He found one he hated and stuck through it for 3 months to get me there.

Comment

Working...
            X