Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens My LDR story. 12.000 km! (7400 miles)

Here is my LDR story! WARNING: Might be an extremely long post TT ^ TT. I do not know why I am writing this but this is truly the best thing that has ever happened to me. I felt like sharing it with other people and giving other couples in LDR's support!
    As I am writing my first post, I am waiting for my boyfriend to wake up. We live in a timezone of a 10-12 hours difference.. Crazy huh?
    Before I met him, I was in a harsh time. I went to a different high school and many things got changed. I did not like my new school at all, I missed my old friends. Approaching people was hard for me too since I was ( I still am :P ) very shy. I think my shyness has to do something with my insecurity. I kept having bad thoughts about myself and going to that school made things much worse.. Watching anime, reading manga, drawing and video games had helped me a lot to forget about the negative thoughts. I kept doing the things I enjoyed and slowly started making friends at school.
    One night, after staying up all night playing on my PS4 (it was just out and I was so happy so I couldn't help but play!! ;- I decided to go to Omegle before going to sleep. English is not my first language so I just really liked talking to people in English! it was fun to meet other people from around the world but there are creeps out there too! And then, I met him. We talked about our favorite anime series and he seemed like an okay guy. Nothing special ( yet :3 ). After our conversation about anime and video games, we shared our Kik!
    We had been talking for some time. I got to know him better! My new friend is from New Zealand while I am all the way from The Netherlands! He goes to university and studies IT. I am almost on my last year of high school. He's a real metal head while I listen to weird Japanese music XD. That made us close because we would share our music! I was really happy with my new best friend.
    I noticed how he started talking about his private life more, which made me feel special because he NEVER used to do that and we had been talking for 6 months already! We became much closer. I was always there for him and he was always there for me. Despite the huge time difference, we still managed to talk to each other every day. He would even stay up for me while he had early lectures and would get slightly mad at me for sleeping too late! (Which I thought was pretty cute ^-^). We cared more about each other. I never got this close with someone.
    Eventually, I caught myself thinking about him more. He was on my mind before I fell asleep, when I woke up, when I was doing homework. Everything reminded me of him. I could not stop thinking about him. When his name appeared on my screen, I instantly smiled! I came to the conclusion that I was in love.. I was confused. I have never had a boyfriend nor have I actually really liked someone. Especially not from the Internet. I know that there are bad people on the Internet but this guy was different, he was not like every other guy. I was so lucky to have him. His jokes, his love for Magic cards ( I did call him a nerd a few times :P), his kindness.. I loved all those things and I would envy the one who would date him. That person should feel darn lucky!!! However, the distance was the main problem.. Would he even like me? would he want to spend his life with an average ( TT ^ TT I AM NOT SPECIAL SORRY ) girl from the other side of the world?! I was too anxious to talk about my feelings for him. When suddenly, one day... He actually said he liked me more than friends! We had known each other 8 months on that day! I could not believe it!!
    We are still together ♡. It has been more than a year since the day we met. We Skype whenever we can. His voice makes my day and we regularly watch anime together. It melts my heart every time he smiles and says that he loves me. He makes me feel so secure about myself. I have made new friends, I have lost weight and I am getting good grades at school. I am not having negative thoughts about myself anymore. I am really happy and I am even more happy to have such an amazing boyfriend. Of course, there are days where I wish I could just hold onto his arms, tell him how much I love him but patience is the key. As long as the both of you stay strong, trust each other and have faith in each other, then things will turn out fine.
    I am planning to study civil engineering. I wish I could study in New Zealand but my parents would never let me go there! I respect that. When my boyfriend graduates from university, he is going to visit me! He might even live here one day but those things can't be discussed yet, I might go there when I have my degree! We shall see but one thing is for sure: We are going to be together and so are YOU.
    Thanks you for reading this super long post with lots of grammar mistakes XD Like I said, English is not my native language!
    Hope you all have a nice day.

Loves,

Random girl from The Netherlands ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ ♡

I'm so happy for you !!!
    “I asked her if she believed in love, and she smiled and
    said it was her most elaborate method of self-harm.”

Comment

Hey! I can tell you my story is exactly like yours. I was sad..felt like nobody likes me and i didn't like myself much ..but then i met my Boyfriend ( who is around 7000 km away) ..and he changed me..soon we will make 2 years together and im probably happiest (PS im 16 and he 18)
      Im very happy for you and wish you luck in life

Comment

Happy to hear you've found someone that makes you happy! Best of luck with your relationship

Met online: February 2011
        Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Working...
        X