is it all worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens is it all worth it?

I have now a ldr for a half year. We live 4000 miles away from each other and we dont know when we are gonna see each other again. He is from the us and I am from holland. And I have never missed someone so much. Does anyone has tips to not miss him so much.

Look around this site, there are tons of users that have offered lots of tips on dealing with not seeing your partner. My advice is to keep yourself busy, which is what most people say, it really works for me when I read a book or watch a movie or listen to music, it just takes my mind off of missing him until I can talk to him again. Spend time with family and friends, it helps take away the feeling of loneliness at times when you really feel like you're alone because you can't be with them at the moment.

Also, welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Well keeping from missing him would be next to impossible in most situations. I actually think that missing someone can be healthy as long as it is not crippling you. There are obviously many things that can only be done in person but there are also a lot of things that can be done long distance too! I recommend that you use this time to get to know him better. What are some of your goals in this relationship? Is this a relationship you want to become more serious eventually? How does your guy feel?

There is a list of fun date ideas on the forum, perhaps there is something there that you could both enjoy!
      Best of luck to you both.
      ~Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by misskrullies View Post
        I have now a ldr for a half year. We live 4000 miles away from each other and we dont know when we are gonna see each other again. He is from the us and I am from holland. And I have never missed someone so much. Does anyone has tips to not miss him so much.
        I apologise deeply but there is no ways to stop missing somebody you are in love with.
        You can, however, try new things, change your outlook on life, join clubs etc.
        Good luck.
        Love is patient, Love is kind, Love never fails.

Comment

I agree with everyone here. I also have a heart necklace he gave me. I wear it to remind myself that even if we aren't together physically, he is with me in my heart :3

Comment

there is never anyway to stop missing someone, it's a good thing natural in the sense that the heart grows fonder over time and you will appreciate the times you can be together, like others said keep yourself busy doing activities, hobbies, working, spending time with family and friends.

Comment

Of course it's worth it! Fighting the distance for someone you love is always worth it. You wouldn't give up on a CD relationship just because they didn't live in the same house as you; you don't allow yourself to let go of an LDR unless it's absolutely impossible. Keep going, and remember... this website is a great source for seeking advice, company of others in similar situations, and for making friends, so welcome

Comment

It is. True love is worth the world.

Comment

I'm not much of an idealist, so I usually answer this question when asking it to myself with "Time will tell."

Comment

Working...
                  X