We don't talk much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens We don't talk much.

The girl who I want to be my SO and I don't talk much. Back when we first met, we talked basically everyday. There were periods in which my parents would stop our communication. They didn't know about her specifically but they knew I had online friends and that was enough to make them upset. The lack of communication carried on for a good year; there was hardly any at all. Eventually I got tired of waiting and messaged her again. Things have been going smoothly for the past few months and it feels like the time we didn't talk was nonexistent.
    We don't talk much now. When we met back in 2012 we would talk almost everyday for hours. Now we text and get in an occasional call here and there, but that's it. There are times where we don't talk for 2+ days and if I text her I get nothing back. I feel weird about it, because I see these posts about how talking is important even if it's just a good morning or goodnight text and there are times I don't even get that much. I don't want to sound clingy or bothersome however I do want to talk to her, if it was possible everyday for just a couple of minutes that would be fine, that adds up.
    I just don't know how to approach the subject. I say I want her to be my SO because her parents don't seem to know about me, and mine won't listen to anything having to do with online friends of any sort, they aren't even allowing me to date (I'm 17 and she just turned 16, for context my family lived in Ghana, West Africa before coming to the US). What should I do?

Maybe she is just busy? Unless you know her schedule and where she is and what she is doing at all times of the day, she could just be busy or away from her phone/computer and unable to talk. If you want to make things more serious than you need to let her know that, ask how she feels about it. I'm assuming those posts you see about communication being important are posts about those that are already in LDR's or starting a LDR? In those cases, yes communication is very important in making everything work. However in this case, is it possible she is not interested in a relationship and simply wants to be friends? If she wants to just be friends she may not feel like communicating with you everyday is important. I have plenty of online friends that I don't talk to everyday, sometimes it can be months before I talk to them because we're both busy with other parts of our lives. When I was her age my parents didn't know about ALL of my online friends. They knew I had some and knew I talked to them but didn't know everything about them or didn't know all of them.

Firstly though you need to find out if she's even interested in a relationship. If she's not interested in a relationship there's no way you can force her to talk to you as often as you may wish or make her your SO.

Comment

Working...
    X