First meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens First meeting

So, I'm 14... 15 in January and my SO is 16, we have not met yet I'm in London he's in north Carolina roughly 4000 miles ... i think.
    I think i love him, im not sure though, i want to meet him but not sure when ill be able to, i am mostly scared that when we meet he will lose the love he has for me, if he thinks i look or act different in person or something like that, i am also worried about the after effect what normally happens after the first meeting?

i need A LOT of help as i am conscious about pretty much everything and worried he's going to hate me after and i'll be heart broken...

also is there anything else that i should look out for or be worried about???

I'm going to give you the same advice I would have given my daughters when they were your age (they are now almost 19 & 20): relax and quit putting so much pressure on yourself. No matter your age, you want someone who is going to be with you for exactly who you are. If they try to change you, then they are not the right person for you.

That being said, at 14....almost 15...chances are this person is not going to be your life partner. In my experience, those are few and far between for people who start dating so young and they tend to be people who grew up together. My daughter who is almost 19 has been dating her fiance since she was 16 and they have been LDR from the start but they knew each other from school before he left for the military. Just be careful. Make sure that you do not make this relationship the entire focus of your life. Keep your school work up, spend time with friends, keep doing your activities. Good luck.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

I agree with R&R. Also, is it even going to be possible for the next few years to meet each other? What do your parents think about it? You still have a lot of other things to focus on. Also, how long do you know this guy? I think all these things are really important to consider.

If you are really in love with each other, and you meet each other in real, the feeling will most likely be even stronger after you've met for the first time.

Comment

Working...
      X