No announcement yet.

Apparently, supervision is a MUST.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens Apparently, supervision is a MUST.

I am so annoyed how parents will usually not let you visit them, even if you have enough cash and can sort out this 'unaccompanied minors' thing that most major airlines run. Some airlines class adults as 13+ which means unaccompanied minors doesn't need to be sorted out. But, most flights now require connections. I have been looking at direct options, and the costs are pretty big. I always tell my GF how much I love her and that I'm lucky to have her, but also that I wish she were here. I've only ever met her in one 'block' of time and that was when we started. I could book the flights when my debit card comes, and that would be ok, but my parents think it's a waste of money and we might as well all go as a family. Family plus long distance relationship isn't a good idea, because my family know my GF very well, and would probably think I'm aswell dating a person more close. Yeah, we do message daily, but I could say everything to her that I can think of, and the text makes no difference. It's better to say it in person.

Does anyone have similar stories? Share them below V

I would take your parents up on the offer. Seriously, think about it. When your parents go, most of the expenses will be covered by them and you can use the money you would spend on a flight on your GF and you.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
      I would take your parents up on the offer. Seriously, think about it. When your parents go, most of the expenses will be covered by them and you can use the money you would spend on a flight on your GF and you.
      I definitely agree with this, plus if you parents go, there is a higher chance they will see your relationship is "serious" or isn't just a joke and they will take it more seriously and will maybe help you for future visits, it will allow them to meet her family and be more comfortable with the situation. You're only 13 that is VERY young to be traveling on your own. It doesn't matter if an airline might consider 13+ an adult, you're not an adult and definitely too young to travel on your own. Either go with your family, which has a ton of great pros, or wait until you're old enough to really travel on your own and take care of yourself/be responsible.

Comment

Yeah I would look into the possibilities of going as a family.
        It doesn't mean you and your girlfriend have to be with them all the time!
        Plus, you have to think about costs for accomodation (do her parents think it's ok for you to sleep there? Will you need a hotel? do they accept people under 18 to stay by themselves?), food (even if you eat at her place, you can't live of their food the whole time), things to do (if you go to a themepark with the whole family, your parents will probably pay for everything, and you can split up in the park and spend time with your GF).

And your parents can see that the relationship is no joke.
        In my opinion, going with the family might be the only option for the next 3 years at least.

Good luck!

Comment

Of course you yourself think you are very grown up, but there is no way you have the experience to handle finances and planning for an international travel, not to think of you are very young to travel to visit your girlfriend alone. Your parents are very generous and thoughtful if they offer to plan and finance an international family trip where you will have the uppertunity to see your GF!
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
            This. So many times this. In all honesty, you think you know much when you're 13 but travelling alone and handling all the expenses that come with it can be kinda tough. I mean, I travelled for the first time alone when I was 18, and I almost had a panic attack! I also know that you'll probably hate people telling you that you're too young to be doing this kind of thing alone, trust me, I have a sister your age and I was once there myself - it sucks, but it's the truth.

Just like Snow says though - they will cover most things for you! Imagine how nice that will be. Plus, if something goes wrong for whatever reason, your parents will be right there and not on the other end of the planet. Maybe they'll let you and your GF have some alone time anyways? I'm sure they're just nervous about letting you go on your own, I certainly know I would be if I had kids, haha.

Good luck!

Met online: February 2011
            Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Working...
            X