I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teens I need help

I'm new in here, so I don't have any experience on this. I would appreciate a lot some help..

I live in Valencia (Spain) and my SO lives 6214 miles away from me, in South Korea. We have been in love for a year and two months, and I became confident about this relationship since I realized this time of my life has been great and awesome. I'm going to be 18 soon and also I will go to university this year, so I would love to be able to visit her during the summer vacation. But my parents don't like much my relationship because they think she's so far away... so they don't allow me to visit my SO.

This is a sad news to me because I love so much my gf and I have a true chance to visit her after a year and two months.
    If someone can give me some advice or help I would appreciate a lot. Thanks!

Whoops, sorry. Didn't mean to barge into the teen thread. My bad
    Last edited by The_gentle_Hart; January 13, 2015, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Until you are old enough to travel alone, which could possibly be very soon depending on how comfortable you are with that, and you are able to save up the money yourself to travel, it would be best to get your parents involved in the situation. If they are on board with it then they are more likely to let you go and possibly even help you get there. You have to show them that you are serious about the relationship and that it's real. You should skype with your girlfriend while your parents are around so they get more comfortable with the idea of your relationship.

Comment

Going behind your parents' backs on this sort of thing is the worst ways to go about something, so I agree with Sarah. Get your parents in the know on things and just be honest with them. They need to know at some point, so why not start early? My parents don't know yet, but I'm slowly dropping hints and letting them know bit by bit. Skype around your parents, maybe. "Look, mum and dad, this is my girl!"

Comment

Working...
        X